byekryam

Greetings and a question

Greetings to everyone from NNJ, I'm new to this forum. Glad to see a forum where someone can come for a gun related question.

I am a flood victem and have lost my firearms ID card. I read on the NJ state police web site that I can go there and get a duplicate card, but then when speaking to my local town PD, they state that I have to go through them and go through the whole process again (3 month process with fees) in order to get a duplicate card. I called the state police and they aren't sure which is correct. I'm going to go there tomorrow (state police barracks in Totowa) and find out. Does anyone have any knowledge on this, which is correct?

Also, is there a place online that I can look up my firearms ID number just to get the number? We've run out of money because of having to lift the house because of numerous floods, and have to sell off some firearms in order to pay for a couple of bills.

Any info would be helpful,

Thanks,

Woody

So sorry for your flood loss. my neighborhood was devastated too.. anybody reading this that lives in flood prone areas should keep all important documents on the 2nd floor. I went up and down my stairs a hundred times during Irene.. i know its not pleasant looking to see a file cabinet (or safe) in bedroom areas. but better to do it now than during stressful times.

Welcome, I hope you will get through your bad times, stay positive..

I went to my local PD to get a duplicate because of my card being damaged and had to go through the whole process.

Waited two months before I got it back.

Vince

Thanks everyone for the welcome and thanks for the information. I've got my work cut out for me for tomorrow. And Barms, we came home early from our only vacation between floods to prep the house for the flood, but as you know, this time it went higher then anyone ever anticipated. All our efforts of moving everything up were all for nothing. Now, 4 floods later over 4 years, we're 12 ft in the air, and if we flood now, Newark will have to be under water...........

So, after talking with Staties and local PD, yes I did have to do the whole thing all over again (bummer), but thanks to you guys, I did ask them to look up my number in the computer and they were able to give me that. That was the most important part of the puzzle for immediate issues. Now I can wait for the card and it doesn't interfere with everything I have to do. Thanks again for all the great feedback, and look forward to chatting in the future.

Woody