Sign in to follow this  
quikz

Delran outdoor range, Junior Marksman range -wtf?

I am extremely disappointed w what amounts to be some sorta Nj style witchhunt against this longtime well accomodated outdoor pistol and rifle range in S. Jersey. Prolly the only one of its kind in S. Jersey.

Just rec'd a call from the owner and he seems disappointed that this shutdown of this decades old range may have to goto litigation. Which to me, this kinda case in NJ court, means an automatic death sentence for this nice range.

The owner needs a resident from Delran to assit with some kinda letter writing thing for the court. This is to probably show a counter argument from what a few residents have complained about. Basically, the standard anti gun complaints, 'Oh, its too loud. I found bullets in my front yard. There too many creepy gun nuts. Someone shot up my Left wing politician sign....' you know the rest...

People just love surrendering their rights, or just whatever fun there is left in this world.

If the range does get shutdown permanent. I would suggest turning it into a HUGE marijuana farm to distribute to NJ 'apothecaries'.

Simply, pathetic of Delran.

It truly is pathetic! I live right around the corner nd frequently now I don't have anywhere to shoot. The main problem is the local company that owns practically the entire block! They have been co planning about the range since the built their warehouse! Makes sense right? Build next to a shooting then co plain about it stupid isn't it. This is the second time they got shut down. And if people are finding bullets at their house, odds are they aren't coming from the range! The lanes point into the ground and if you go past the warehouses is the freakin river! I'm a 5 minute drive but now I'm forced to drive an hour and a half to. Friends property since that's still cheaper than the other clubs.

Oh and if it does get permanently shut down, my guess Whitesell will end up buying it and expanding. But again they do own most of delrans business industry. It's all politics.

Not omnly am I disappointed in the closure of the range, I am more incensed with the lack of information from the officers of DJM. What is the status, any progress being made and what can we to to try to help solve thr situation.

I am not a club officer but I am a RSO for DJM. I was told by the Chief RSO that the DJM range will reopen this weekend. I checked the website this morning and it didn't say anything about opening so I contacted the CRSO and he said that the website would be updated today. The hours of operation are 12:00 till 4:30 pm on Saturday and Sunday. I just checked the website (1:36 pm Thursday) and it still hasn't been updated but I was told to report for range duty on Saturday. As far as I know, all ranges will be open. Check the website before you make the trip. http://www.delranjuniormarksman.com/

I spent over $700 on rifle, optics, mounts, etc this past summer from Butch's Gun World in Vineland, spending hard earned money in a NJ 'Econ Empowerment Zone'.

As far as I am concerned, this Delran range BETTER BE OPENED for biz.

Damn these brainwashed critters. Congrats to DJM, if true.