Purple Patrick

NJGF Car Thread

I just saw this thread. I was gifted the opportunity to ride in Bob's Corvette when I was on leave. The pictures do not do this car justice, by any means. I take pride in my car looking pretty good for an 18 year old car, and his Corvette makes my car look like sh*t.

Speaking of, here's mine. 1994 Miata, 5pd, 1.8. 88k on the odometer. All stock except for the stereo, and roll bar.

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Another Miata bro alrigggghhhhttttt giggidy

Great cars everyone.

He is my 07 335i, low 400hp...

8baf1827.jpg

Nice gotta love the N54. What have you done to it. I have a friend that has a 335xi with downpipes, intercooler, tune, and meth. The car is insane.

Also the 944 is like a Miata with torque that you can actually put stuff in.

As for us we just have two. No "fun" sports cars or anything... A Honda Accord 3rd gen (04) and a Toyota Sienna minivan (13), Limited AWD all tricked out with satellite TV, 120v power outlets and everything. The minivan is a sleeper though. Does 0-60 in about 7.5 seconds, probably less if I turn off traction control and use the sequential sport shift to manually change gears. It hasn't made an appearance at CR in a while though, because of all the potholes by the pistol range.

Naah, that was my second RS coupe, and I was getting tired of dealing with it. 197k miles on the clock, and while it was a decent car, it had too many pending maintenance issues. The WRX is my 6th Impreza.

I'll probably get another old Impreza at some point, it's a hard habit to kick.

Older gen 350 t.b.i

Nothing fancy, I bought the truck with it .

Not exactly sure what year it was from, but it had a nice amount of ass behind it :)

Couldn't keep the tires from spinning on wet roads, even babying the throttle couldn't keep it straight.

Fun truck, painted a weird electric blue from the previous owner. Let me see if I can dig up a pic.

Can't find any pics of it right now other than a shot of the rear of it.

Disregard the gay flames that were on it from the previous owner.

hava2u7y.jpg

So it wasn't a corvette motor then? just a 350....

A 2.5rs with an STI swap would be my ideal Subaru, or a turbo 6-speed SVX.

One thing great about the Miata besides how cheap they are is how easy they are to work on. Did a timing belt and water pump in about 3 hours while reading how to do it.

I always wanted to swap the RS, but I just never got around to it. It was also starting to get the usual rust bubbles, although it was limited to one fender. At the time I sold it, it was going to need valvecover gaskets, headgaskets, a new timing belt and water pump, clutch, clutch line and slave cylinder, and that rust repair. I paid $3600 for it 4 years ago, and it came with a bunch of spare parts and wheels that I sold off. After selling the car itself, I was up a few hundred bucks over the course of ownership.

Thanks Victor (vjf915) but your Miata is gorgeous.

Here's a newer pic of the Vette - there is probably about a 12 year lapse between the the pic I originally posted and this one, which is current...

302utxf.jpg

Adios,

Pizza Bob

So it wasn't a corvette motor then? just a 350....

I just talked to my buddy that helped me get the truck running right, he mentioned ZZ4.

So I'm guessing it was just a 350 with corvette heads I believe.

I only had the truck for 5 months and sold it when I moved out of state.

My car makes me practically invisible so there's no point. Just getting in it qualifies me to have my picture printed on a milk carton. Sometimes I sit in it when I need to get away from it all.

I have 199,216 miles on the original clutch.

2n0n7gl.jpg

Nice gotta love the N54. What have you done to it. I have a friend that has a 335xi with downpipes, intercooler, tune, and meth. The car is insane.

Also the 944 is like a Miata with torque that you can actually put stuff in.

thanks, currently i have downpipes, intercooler, exhaust, meth, procede tune, alpina tcu flash and DCI. thinking of running e85 but no pump nearby :(

This thread needs more Lincoln Town Cars, Ford LTD's and Crown Vics. Oh, and Buick Roadmasters, Oldsmobile Delta 88s, Chrystler New Yorkers, Cadillac El Dorado's, Buick Rivera's, Lincoln Mark 8s and the other tanks that I love.

thanks, currently i have downpipes, intercooler, exhaust, meth, procede tune, alpina tcu flash and DCI. thinking of running e85 but no pump nearby :(

Do you live in or near Wyckoff or Mahwah? There is a clone to your car in Wyckoff all the time.

Thanks Victor (vjf915) but your Miata is gorgeous.

Thanks Bob. It does need a little bit of work though. Planning on doing at least the timing belt soon, as well as replace the rear brake pads. After that, in about 8 months, I'll probably start putting some more money into it.

Its an original rs 350, but not numbers matching we worked the motor, trans is original m20 muncie but upgraded rear to 8.5 with 3.73 gears. Eight years in the making was a work of rust when I picked her up

Yeah too bad they don't make the Excursion anymore. That V10 would have been sweet but personally if I bought one I would have gotten the 6 liter diesel engine.

It's my daily driver, bought it in 08 with 59k and almost 5 years later it only has 81k, so a diesel wouldn't have been my better choice. The diesels were almost 4 grand more with double the miles.