Sign in to follow this  
MosinRob

2f or 3 in your guns?

I was told 2f in .50 cal and up, 3f below .50. More and more I research I find people are using 3f in pretty much all there rifles cause they claim its more accurate and cleaner. Anyone have any insight or opinions on this? What caliber and kind do you use? Thanks guys.

i have only used 2F or an equivalent ( pyrodex ) using 3F in a beaker measure could possibly give you an overcharge.. you may want to measure it out on a powder scale if you decide to use 3F...

I have never used anything smaller than 50 caliber.

some data from hodgdon powder co,

I have always used pyrodex for deer hunting.. alot has been devoloped since then i have tried the discs and did not like them and went back to pyrodex..RS

triple F is for pistol and small bore rifle so you should be ok just use the correct loading data..

http://www.hodgdon.com/pyrodex-granular.html

I use 2f 99.9% of the time. Prefer Diamondback or KIK powders.

.1% of the time I use Swiss 3f, when I'm looking to rattle the ground and set off car alarms.

I have noticed no difference with regards to burning more efficiently between grades, but I have noticed less fouling and crude between brands.