zoid

Why did you buy a sub-compact/pocket gun if you can't CCW?

Well most of us cannot carry in NJ. So why do many of us still by sub-compact and pocket guns?

I have a G26. My reason is I think small guns have a certain 'cool' factor to them. With the G26

I'm most impressed by how small it is, yet how much it handles like a full size.

What small guns do you have and why did you buy them?

Ruger LCP and not sure if it counts my Sig P220 Compact.

I do carry on my property most times. We've had some break-ins during the day and if I am on my computer in my office, I want to be ready. Also, I too have a CCW when I am traveling in free states.

Had a CM9 for out of state carry. Sold it, b/c i rarely go out of state. I may pick up an M&P Shield tho soon since i now have nothing to carry if i do need to. I guess i can carry the p229, but its a little big and heavy unless i want to OC.

I actually didnt care for the sights on the CM9 and i know i can shoot much better with a PPS, but im going to try a shield 1st. If i dont like the shield i may pick up a PPS. Just dont really care for the mag release on the PPS that much...

If there good enough for Charles Bronson, then their good enough for me.

Planning on carrying a shoulder mounted rocket launcher too?

Same reasons as the rest. Have a license for America. XD subcompact in 9mm. 13 plus 1 rounds of fun.

Planning on carrying a shoulder mounted rocket launcher too?

No. But a Smith & Wesson Model 10, 15, 36, a Walther PPK, Beretta 85 and whatever else he used for his vengeance are fine by me.

No. But a Smith & Wesson Model 10, 15, 36, a Walther PPK, Beretta 85 and whatever else he used for his vengeance are fine by me.

Ray, they didn't call the 38 Special "the Widowmaker" because it was so good at killing bad guys.

http://www.backwoodshome.com/articles2/ayoob93.html

Well most of us cannot carry in NJ. So why do many of us still by sub-compact and pocket guns?

I have a G26. My reason is I think small guns have a certain 'cool' factor to them. With the G26

I'm most impressed by how small it is, yet how much it handles like a full size.

What small guns do you have and why did you buy them?

G19 Gen4... (although a compact and not a subcompact since I need someplace to put my pinky)

...because I can CCW in these states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WY

Glock 26

S&W 642

Ruger LCP

Beretta Bobcat

I just find shooting small guns fun.

I heard people in gun stores more than once saying to each other or a so called expert trainer saying to a student "we live in NJ, there is no reason for you to buy anything but a full size pistol". I find this to be an ignorant statement, and if you believe that you will miss out on some great guns and shooting.

TheWombat = Walther PPS 9mm

MrsWombat = Springfield Armory EMP 9mm

I actually find the PPS pleasant and accurate to shoot. I took it through GFH Urban Pistol 3 (> 600 rounds in one day) and had no issues and no discomfort. The few times I've tried MrsWombat's EMP I haven't liked it as much - but it's a subjective thing.

Why: We travel across the border of NJ.

TheWombat