zoid

Why did you buy a sub-compact/pocket gun if you can't CCW?

Some people feel the need to compensate for their "shortcomings" by owning and shooting "big guns".

Those of us who are comfortable in our manhood are just fine shooting our little mouseguns as we are comfortable knowing our "junk" is more than enough to satisfy.

Some people feel the need to compensate for their "shortcomings" by owning and shooting "big guns".

Those of us who are comfortable in our manhood are just fine shooting our little mouseguns as we are comfortable knowing our "junk" is more than enough to satisfy.

Laugh for the day!! Great!

Said the man with the Dirty Harry .44 magnum. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Its going to be my last ditch on duty backup gun. Ordered my last ditch holster from crossbreed. It attaches to the velcro on my body armor and conceals under my uniform shirt.

I do the exact same thing with the exact same holster and the exact same pistol.

It works very well.

I just purchased a S&W Bodyguard 380 for two reasons. Since the neighborhood has seeming been getting worse I want something to keep in my pocket while working around the house and watching the kids play on the cul-de-sac. My neighbor got me thinking about this when he showed me his Beretta .25 he keeps in his pocket. Walking around with a holstered weapon on my hip would draw out the bliss-ninnies around here so being discrete is the key. I am also planning a few trips via car and am applying for a Florida carry permit. I personally believe driving out of state with a NJ license plate puts a big "pick me, I can't fight back" sign on my car for all the criminals to see.

If you recall back in the '90s Florida required rental cars to have specially marked plates identifying them as such. It didn't take long for the local scumbags to figure out it was safer to target cars with rental plates around the airports because they would almost certainly be defenseless. This became such a problem that Florida actually changed the law in 1993 (F.S.A. § 320.0601) and rental car plates are now indistinguishable from regular privately owned cars. I believe every NJ driver out of state is a potential mark.

Besides I didn't have one yet! ;-)

I got a FL CCW in APR-11 considering it a $117 cover charge to be counted as an active firearm owner by the statisticians. I haven't actually used it yet - even in PA.

I got my subcompact pieces when a family friend inherited a modest collection of vintage firearms and being that she lives in CA now she turned them over to me. Her dad had impeccable taste and the lot included a Colt Det.. Special (Gen-IV), a S&W Model 60 and a Walther PPK/S. As they say, sometimes it's better to be lucky than good - I never would have invested in these living here in NJ but I have come to appreciate how well designed pocket sized guns have to be and what fun they are to shoot.

While I like, own, collect and often carry small guns, a recent poll I did in Florida's main concealed gun forum shows the compact and larger guns are preferred by those who do carry.

http://floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?32947-What-size-gun-do-you-prefer-to-carry

I should note that the above forum is basically the main and maybe only forum focused on concealed carry in Florida. As such it attract people that are more serious about cc. However, the majority of ccw license holders in Florida rarely carry and are not into guns and shooting as we tend to be. about 99% have never received any defensive training or are aware of the many situations that civilians may find themselves in. At best, most will only shoot at paper targets 3-7 yards away a few times a year if that.

Personally I learned what I was told when I moved here. When the time comes when you feel you need to use your gun you will wish that you brought a bigger one. I still like my small guns but when I leave the relative safety of my immediate surroundings I have a 1911 or Glock 19 on my belt.