Sign in to follow this  
beaniam

Luger knowledgable folks?

Sportsmans Center had a parts mix 1940 marked Luger with some pretty clear Waffen markings that I picked up the other day for $475. I didn't really expect to get to the range and have it function perfect from the little research I had done on them beforehand, but I was hoping for at least one successful magazine run through... I get mostly failure to feeds and a few failure to extracts. Using 115gr cci blazer and american eagle ammo. Sometimes the toggle bar would lock back like an empty mag, sometimes it would stop halfway.

I'm trying to hunt down a Mecgar magazine and a Wolff spring pack in stock somewhere to give those a try. It came with a single FXO 37 marked magazine, however the spring feels pretty damn stiff still. Though I really have nothing to compare to.

Other than the things mentioned above is there anything else I can do to try and get it more reliable? I'm not looking for a ccw reliable carry piece but being able to get through a full mag from time to time would be nice.

Here's some pics.

luger_zpsb2e708a9.jpg

luger2_zps639c6f38.jpg

luger4_zpsd6ca45bd.jpg

luger3_zpsf9cd46a7.jpg