revolver7786

New Range coming to Monroe NJ

It's supposedly being built and run by the man who owns Tarantino's autobody on bordentown tpk in Monroe. Not sure where it was going but I reckon it will be near his shop. Indoor range, unsure of how many stalls he planning to make.. GREAT NEWS for people looking for another place to shoot in the area. I was very surprised he snuck that in given how vocal the town is about commercial establishment. (the first and only fast food joint opened within it's 42 sq miles last year, a subway)

Found it.. yup Mott Ave in between Jamesburg and Helmetta

http://eb.gmnews.com...ting_range.html

https://maps.google....ved=0CB0Q8gEwAA

Some of the quotes in the article mad me cringe such as the neighbor swearing he hears automatic fire on the property when they use to shoot on the property privately, or that most ranges restrict calibers of .45 and above. But at least he got some support by some residents (if youre on here, gj) and that he plans to open a retail portion if and when he is approved for an ffl. Good for people in the area to have another option closer to home.

It's supposedly being built and run by the man who owns Tarantino's autobody on bordentown tpk in Monroe. Not sure where it was going but I reckon it will be near his shop. Indoor range, unsure of how many stalls he planning to make.. GREAT NEWS for people looking for another place to shoot in the area. I was very surprised he snuck that in given how vocal the town is about commercial establishment. (the first and only fast food joint opened within it's 42 sq miles last year, a subway)

Excellent. I will be signing up,5 minutes travel for me and if and when it's built, an asset to the shooting community of Middlesex county.

Some of the quotes in the article mad me cringe such as the neighbor swearing he hears automatic fire on the property when they use to shoot on the property privately,

That wasn't just a neighbor that said that. It was Board Chairwoman Carol Damiani. In the end, she voted for the variance. This means to me that this isn't a done deal for him. He'll get hung up in zoning and they will try to get him to wither on the vine waiting for a vote. Don't pop the bubbly just yet.

That wasn't just a neighbor that said that. It was Board Chairwoman Carol Damiani. In the end, she voted for the variance. This means to me that this isn't a done deal for him. He'll get hung up in zoning and they will try to get him to wither on the vine waiting for a vote. Don't pop the bubbly just yet.

I hear you ....I still have a delightful little Boone's Farm on ice for the East Brunswick's Police range in it's many rumored openings to the public.

A lot of requests dont make past that point in town. Dont break my spirit just yet. Besides I still have a good way to go before I retire. I can wait.

thanks for the link i wasnt able to find it online myself. guys i think you are reading it wrong. it says "board grants variance for indoor shooting range" which means the zoning is taken care of. the next and final step is site plan approval which basically just means where the building will be situated on the property. sounds like it is going to happen..

i'm very hopeful as i am new to shooting and live in monroe. would love to have a range so close.

I thought the same thing too but then I realized most people down in our neck of the woods refer to Monroe Twp simply as Williamstown.

Just go to SJSC in Williamstown! If I lived closer I'd be a member already! April my membership to Hagues dies and I'm joining up down in my hometown!

SJSC is tech Winslow but still only 5 mins from me. Only thing that I found when I went as a guest was waiting at the pistol range and having to agree upon a distance, not a big fan of that. And hague's is absolutely insane with their prices. For the most part good group of guys but just way out there in prices.

Just an FYI, I'm part of the range in Monroe going up on Union Hill Road.  We are just waiting for building permits right now, then I'm moving my store Legend Firearms in there.  30 Lanes indoor, private club, training class room and store.  We will also be allowing calibers up to but not including .50 cal.

Stay tuned.  www.unionhillgunclub.com  or www.Legendfirearms.com

Just an FYI, I'm part of the range in Monroe going up on Union Hill Road. We are just waiting for building permits right now, then I'm moving my store Legend Firearms in there. 30 Lanes indoor, private club, training class room and store. We will also be allowing calibers up to but not including .50 cal.

Stay tuned. www.unionhillgunclub.com or www.Legendfirearms.com

Any time frame on getting the permits?

When you get the permits what is the time frame on building!? Next summer?

We missed out on the opertunity to be the Architets for this range but never the less, we wish great luck and success to the guys behind this venture. I will check out the new range for sure when complete.

Just for info: the UCC stipulates that the local building department has 20 business days to review the drawings and issue a permit or comments. If comments are issued the Architect of record has to make the required changes and the BD has another review period. Typically the secondary review is less than 20days. This should not take long and construction should start as soon as they have a GC and permits lined up.

Good Luck!

We missed out on the opertunity to be the Architets for this range but never the less, we wish great luck and success to the guys behind this venture. I will check out the new range for sure when complete.

Just for info: the UCC stipulates that the local building department has 20 business days to review the drawings and issue a permit or comments. If comments are issued the Architect of record has to make the required changes and the BD has another review period. Typically the secondary review is less than 20days. This should not take long and construction should start as soon as they have a GC and permits lined up.

Good Luck!

the guy who responded about union hill is talking about a different range in monroe. Our range, Recoil is the one you guys put a proposal in for. sorry we couldn't work with you guys.  

We do post updates on our website for those who are interested.. recoilnj.com

Ok do I have this right?

Legend/union hill is membership only 

Recoil is membership or hourly

I'm an hourly guy

Yes you have that right. We will offer both membership and hourly rentals.