JWGlock23

1911 refinishing.

Hey guys,

I feel like I've been away for a while. Haven't had the time with getting married and all that jazz to get on here as much.

Recently I picked up a Springfield officer size 1911. Appears to be a GI model (I.e simple sights, Matte finish, and a set of "US" wood grips in the box.). I got it from a buddy who's having some tough times and the gun itself is not in rough shape, it does have dings and scratches on the slide, barrel and frame.

I'm wondering if anyone out there does refinishing that's not going to cost me an arm and a leg.

Thanks.

Josh

Hey Josh.

What are you looking to get done? Cerakote is cheap and you can do it yourself. Duracoat is around the same price but you need to bake it on. Parkerizing, you can get a kit. If you need tools (ie: airbrush, spraygun, sandblast cabinet) let me know. I have those. If you decide to go baked on, get a cheapy toaster oven and swing on by. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Christopher

Hey Josh.

What are you looking to get done? Cerakote is cheap and you can do it yourself. Duracoat is around the same price but you need to bake it on. Parkerizing, you can get a kit. If you need tools (ie: airbrush, spraygun, sandblast cabinet) let me know. I have those. If you decide to go baked on, get a cheapy toaster oven and swing on by. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Christopher

You got that wrong. Cerakote is bake on. Durtacoat comes in air cure and bake on versions.

Awesome....wanna promote your business.....become a forum vendor and supoort the forum....

Huh? did i miss something?

OP, if you dont plan on doing it yourself. SA's custom shop can refinish it almost any way you like. You could also have them do any number of upgrades.