RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! October 13th - Clinton, NJ WMA

Heh, my wife reminded me that I have a wedding that night to attend. She may decide to go to get a haircut instead so I may be free in the morning.

I'm gonna have to go pick up some rounds and clays just in case.

I finally shot my Benelli over the weekend at EFGA and have to say that shooting shotguns is addictive.

Here is the exact addressL

New Jersey Fish Game/Wildlifemore infotransparent.png

26 New Jersey 173

Hampton, NJ 08827

Thanks!

47 minutes! looks like I'm in +1 possibly. Will bring a case of ammo and a case of clays. This is going to be fun. Anyone else coming from up north?

Is there any possibility that shooters with no guns participate? NYC is terrible for gun lovers. I'm more than grateful if I could pay for what I get to borrow and use.

My girlfriend would love to participate too, who has little experience in shooting, but is of discipline.

Is there any possibility that shooters with no guns participate? NYC is terrible for gun lovers. I'm more than grateful if I could pay for what I get to borrow and use.

My girlfriend would love to participate too, who has little experience in shooting, but is of discipline.

As long as both of you are going to be safe, then feel free to come out! I understand NYC is a crappy place to own/shoot guns so this will be a good opportunity.

I will have everything you'll need...clays, ammo, earplugs, and guns. I may even bring my gf's 20ga for your gf if she allows me.

As long as both of you are going to be safe, then feel free to come out! I understand NYC is a crappy place to own/shoot guns so this will be a good opportunity.

I will have everything you'll need...clays, ammo, earplugs, and guns. I may even bring my gf's 20ga for your gf if she allows me.

Highly appreciated man! Fishnut also offered that I could use his gears (including 20 gauge), while he himself would not shoot! So moved.

Please count the two of us in. If you in the end decide to barbecue let me know beforehand and bring something.

Highly appreciated man! Fishnut also offered that I could use his gears (including 20 gauge), while he himself would not shoot! So moved.

Please count the two of us in. If you in the end decide to barbecue let me know beforehand and bring something.

Your quite welcome! That's great you're both coming out, it's gonna be awesome!

I am still trying to work out the BBQ thing, i will update on here if it's going to happen or not.

I'm going to get some staples and bring my stapler. If you have a cordless screwdriver that may come in handy, duct tape, I plan on some slug shooting so I ordered two stands from tony357, should have them by the weekend. Found a couple of furring strips,gonna get some more. I have a bunch of hand tools and wish I hadn't loaned my handsaw to my neighbor, who now thinks it's his. I have a hundred paper targets or so. Anyone have a medical kit? Any one think of other stuff we may need besides ammo and guns? Eyes and ears of course.

Dicks has an ammo sale this weekend. Buy 4 boxes, get 1 free. I picked up some Game Loads in 7-1/2 and 8 in addition to 2 boxes of clay. Now, if I can only get approval to go.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php?/topic/40741-dicks-sporting-goods-guns-ammo-deals-107-1013/

So what else do we need to bring? Perhaps we should make a list and update the first post so we know we're not missing anything. I'm bringing 2 cases of clays (maybe more), a hand thrower, case of target load and a few slugs. I can bring a cordless drill and circular saw if need, let me know. Also, I'm guessing we'll need to police our shells right? Should we bring buckets and a rake? Everyone should bring some food and drinks as well if we're planning on being there for a few hours. I don't know the area so I don't know if there are shops around to pick up stuff on the fly. What else?

Ammo (birdshot smaller than #6, buckshot/slugs for rifle range)

Clays

Thrower if you have one

Earplugs/Muffs

Shooting Glasses

Shell pouch

Guns

Water/Drinks

Lunch/snacks

Layer up and bring a warm jacket depending on weather

If you need a couple boxes of ammo or some clays, I will bring extra but not enough for a group of people. So please try to bring your own ammo and clays. If you need to borrow a shotgun and are comfortable with a 12ga, then I can let you borrow one of mine.

Ammo (birdshot smaller than #6, buckshot/slugs for rifle range)

Clays

Thrower if you have one

Earplugs/Muffs

Shooting Glasses

Shell pouch

Guns

Water/Drinks

Lunch/snacks

Layer up and bring a warm jacket depending on weather

If you need a couple boxes of ammo or some clays, I will bring extra but not enough for a group of people. So please try to bring your own ammo and clays. If you need to borrow a shotgun and are comfortable with a 12ga, then I can let you borrow one of mine.

I'm afraid I would need a few boxes of ammo both for 12 and 20 gauge (for me and my gf), as well as clay, which I should definitely pay for. Wish I could pick it up beforehand but it seems difficult to buy ammo in NYC or my way there. Also need to borrow one earmuff. I might be able to borrow shotguns from fishnut, who is so kind to offer to lend his to others while he isn't planning to shoot at all.

It seems to me those with prescription glasses don't have to wear shooting glasses? If so, I have an extra pair. If not, I would have to share this pair with my gf.