RecessedFilter

Shotgun Shootout! October 13th - Clinton, NJ WMA

Dragon

That would be me.

Thanks for Holeshot for teaching me the basics and Igor for throwing the clays. Special thanks for all those who helped me clear the stuck shell from my shotgun. It allowed me to get a few more shots before I had to leave early.

Nice to meet you guys and we MUST do this again next month.

Second that! Thanks to RF for arranging this and hopefully we will have another one of these as it was great to meet everyone.

I had a great time and it was actually one of my best shooting days, ( enjoyment wise, not fire for effect days.) I would have like to see a match up with Drez and James. CZ vs Ithaca. Maybe I should say the James gang, Drez, ( Jesse ) and Frank James. Great picture of the two handed " Well I've got two good shoulders and elbows up to this point, shot.

The helpfulness and comaraderie was second to none. Simply a classy group of people.

Thanks for the apple pie Igor, it came in perfectly. Gunsmoke and apple pie, could be a Norman Rockwell painting.

I took a bunch of pics and video, will post them when I find a technoid in my family, my techie nephew went and now proudly serves in the Air Force. Gotta get my niece when she comes home from school, or find one of you to help out.

I'm the guy that collected all the spent hulls. I don't know what I'm doing yet, but have enough material, to screw up enough, to become an expert.

I will be getting a 30" barrel with a bead for next time. That 590 I used really is a hallway gun. I know Ray and Drez made theirs work but they are light years ahead of me.

I stood behind Socom 16 at such an angle that when he shot I thought this guy is really something. The first shot was just dandy, but his second and third shot was unbelievable. He pumped that action so fast I didn't see his elbow move. He later explained to me he was using a Benneli M2 field grade, which of course is a semi-auto. Oh well, live and learn.

It was one of those events that built excitement on the boards for a few weeks, but delivered more than promised. Outstanding, 4.0, excellent.

I will be getting a 30" barrel with a bead for next time. I stood behind Socom 16 at such an angle that when he shot I thought this guy is really something. The first shot was just dandy, but his second and third shot was unbelievable. He pumped that action so fast I didn't see his elbow move. He later explained to me he was using a Benneli M2 field grade, which of course is a semi-auto. Oh well, live and learn.
Red you had me for a laugh when you asked me! Next time I will bring my 30" Benelli Cordoba and Benelli M4.Rob

Well I'm James with the Ithaca. Why do you hate me Ray Ray? :-(

Because you and Andres probably missed 10 clays all day. And you had the audacity to shot pairs while smoking a cigarette. Maybe next time you can do that, we'll make a video and send it to mayor Bloomberg. Hell, drink a 30 oz Dr. Pepper in between pairs, than take a drag!

Because you and Andres probably missed 10 clays all day. And you had the audacity to shot pairs while smoking a cigarette. Maybe next time you can do that, we'll make a video and send it to mayor Bloomberg. Hell, drink a 30 oz Dr. Pepper in between pairs, than take a drag!

I'll give it a shot. Would it be more impressive if i picked up a .410 before the next one and used that?

Wow guys (and girls), I can't believe how great of a day yesterday was!

Reading over all your posts, it sounds like everyone had a super fun time and that's all I really care about. As long as I see everyone laughing and having a good time, then I'm happy!

Even with 20 people at times, and anywhere from 4-6 people on the firing line, everyone proved to be very safe which was great to see.

I was glad to see new shooters come out, thanks to Pat and a few others who helped them get situated and even bust a few clays! Cindy, LoSlow's gf did great! So did Ming and his gf. It was nice meeting you all!

It was also nice meeting everyone I haven't yet and putting real names to Usernames and Avatars lol.

And to all the thank you's, you're all very welcome! It was quite a pleasure to do this - starting by organizing the event on here to then being at the range with a great turnout and everyone having tons of fun. With that said, and everyone agreeing that we should have done this quite a few times so far, please check up on the 'Events & Meetups' thread because we will be having another one in the next few weeks.

I will be at the gf's family BBQ today so I am hoping to post up all my pictures later today.

Thanks a million all of you guys, for organizing this, sharing your guns, ammo and clays. Me and my gf had tons of fun! Couldn't wait for the next event! Thanks to RF and fishnut especially, for your time and tolerance. Fishnut, your winchester and mossburg rocks! And all the best for your health!

A few thoughts:

I brought quite a few Chinese dumplings as well as drink but no one seemed to want it, or maybe just no one knows. Next time I should announce here beforehand if I'm to bring something. A bbq would be even better! I can bring a lamb leg if it works out. Or make it sunday so that I can buy some cakes for everyone on sunday.

Had I known there's an archery range I would have brought my bow. Also, there seems to be some good fishing around, can anyone give me some hints about that?

My gf is not familiar with handling fire arms, I should force her to some exercise. And maybe 410 would be more suitable for her.

I would have to buy another earmuff, what do you guys recommend? Or would those simple ear-plugs be enough for outdoor shotgun? (Maybe I should get a good one, in case RF starts organizing indoor events...)

XM- i only use ear plugs when shooting long guns as the ear muffs mess with my cheek placement and that very well could have been part of her problem. there is plenty of good fishing around let me know what species you are after and i can point you in the right direction. and i did not see the dumplings or i would have ate some i am always up to trying new food from different cultures. That is one of my favorite parts of traveling abord.

Sorry guys I thought there would be a picnic or something so didn't shout out to let you know, and later I asked a few guys but maybe it was too late for lunch.

You won't miss anything next time. I'll print posters to put on my icebox.

Thanks for the tips lowslow and fishnut. I checked and found some ear-plugs are of NRR 29 or 30 with very low unit price. Thinking probably that would be enough for me, even for indoors.

Wow guys (and girls), I can't believe how great of a day yesterday was!

Reading over all your posts, it sounds like everyone had a super fun time and that's all I really care about. As long as I see everyone laughing and having a good time, then I'm happy!

Even with 20 people at times, and anywhere from 4-6 people on the firing line, everyone proved to be very safe which was great to see.

I was glad to see new shooters come out, thanks to Pat and a few others who helped them get situated and even bust a few clays! Cindy, LoSlow's gf did great! So did Ming and his gf. It was nice meeting you all!

It was also nice meeting everyone I haven't yet and putting real names to Usernames and Avatars lol.

And to all the thank you's, you're all very welcome! It was quite a pleasure to do this - starting by organizing the event on here to then being at the range with a great turnout and everyone having tons of fun. With that said, and everyone agreeing that we should have done this quite a few times so far, please check up on the 'Events & Meetups' thread because we will be having another one in the next few weeks.

I will be at the gf's family BBQ today so I am hoping to post up all my pictures later today.

Drez, You done good man. Sounds like everyone had a great time.

Let's do it again. I have an old .410 O/U barn gun that I can bring as well as a S/A 20 guage for people who feel the 12 guage is too much. Bring ammo,clays,pie and have at it!

i'm going to pop this in my calender with the hopes to make it.

I've got a bunch of shotgun ammo and clays, but no shotgun! FML

*calling out mike beck to lend me one of them nice over unders, mmmm ***

what kinda shells do you have? im sure there will be plenty of guns for you to use for the next one. including mine if you want.

alec.mc- i have 1-12gauge and 2-20 gauge shottys that you are more than welcome to use when i am not. but i am planning on shooting the hell out of them!!!

Congratulations on that man! Look forward to talk to you next time.

And I promise there will be dumplings!