Sign in to follow this  
mattio41

To Scope or Not to Scope

I recently purchased the Ruger 10/22 Takedown. I have a scope available that I can put on it. need to get some rings for it though. As far as the rifle goes, I am not real happy with the sights. I found this, and it intrigued me as nice replacement. The issue being though, you mount the rear sight where the scope rail would mount. I have always been a fan of using true Iron Sights for my target practice. I dont really hunt, so mostly plinking. I could always still buy the rings, and keep them in the bag. and change over when needed. What are your thoughts about this kind of setup.

51TVjvs1WxL._SS400_.jpg41uQw2CfXNL._SS400_.jpg

41kbXlYYf9L._SS400_.jpgruger_11100_td_b.jpg

I was looking to do the same thing but was not 100% sold that the barrel will lock in the exact same way every time, which could radically effect zero. The stock ruger sights are both mounted on the front half of the gun making the barrel connection play moot.

I have the tech sights and my vote goes to them. You don't need a scope on a .22 and I find I actually shoot better with the tech sights!

How long have you had the sights? And are they well made?? Did you look at any other brands?

I find shooting with iron sights alot more fun than with a scope. Scopes make it too easy.

Agreed. I just have the scope available as something I bought a while ago, but did not fit what I bought it for. needless to say, never brought it back.

How long have you had the sights? And are they well made?? Did you look at any other brands?

I have Tech Sights on a Marlin 795: had them for about 8 months, and they're great. Very well made. I didn't look at other brands because I'm not aware of anyone else who makes aftermarket sights for the 795. But after a thousand-ish rounds, no complaints and very accurate.

I have Tech Sights on a Marlin 795: had them for about 8 months, and they're great. Very well made. I didn't look at other brands because I'm not aware of anyone else who makes aftermarket sights for the 795. But after a thousand-ish rounds, no complaints and very accurate.

Thanks, Think I am going to give them a try. Which model did you get T100 or T200

Ive had them on about 2 years now I think.

I got the flip ups, because the front sight is elevation adjustable anyways. not as easy as the rear would be, but once its dialed in its dialed in...

For me it works out for a great 25/100 yard zero. Low setting I can shoot the popper at 25 and with a brainless flip of the sights I can ring a 100 yard plate. No counting clicks or losing zero because you goofed up.

DSC00940.jpg