Sign in to follow this  
mattio41

To Scope or Not to Scope

I recently purchased the Ruger 10/22 Takedown. I have a scope available that I can put on it. need to get some rings for it though. As far as the rifle goes, I am not real happy with the sights. I found this, and it intrigued me as nice replacement. The issue being though, you mount the rear sight where the scope rail would mount. I have always been a fan of using true Iron Sights for my target practice. I dont really hunt, so mostly plinking. I could always still buy the rings, and keep them in the bag. and change over when needed. What are your thoughts about this kind of setup.

51TVjvs1WxL._SS400_.jpg41uQw2CfXNL._SS400_.jpg

41kbXlYYf9L._SS400_.jpgruger_11100_td_b.jpg

I was looking to do the same thing but was not 100% sold that the barrel will lock in the exact same way every time, which could radically effect zero. The stock ruger sights are both mounted on the front half of the gun making the barrel connection play moot.

I have the tech sights and my vote goes to them. You don't need a scope on a .22 and I find I actually shoot better with the tech sights!

How long have you had the sights? And are they well made?? Did you look at any other brands?

I find shooting with iron sights alot more fun than with a scope. Scopes make it too easy.

Agreed. I just have the scope available as something I bought a while ago, but did not fit what I bought it for. needless to say, never brought it back.

How long have you had the sights? And are they well made?? Did you look at any other brands?

I have Tech Sights on a Marlin 795: had them for about 8 months, and they're great. Very well made. I didn't look at other brands because I'm not aware of anyone else who makes aftermarket sights for the 795. But after a thousand-ish rounds, no complaints and very accurate.

I have Tech Sights on a Marlin 795: had them for about 8 months, and they're great. Very well made. I didn't look at other brands because I'm not aware of anyone else who makes aftermarket sights for the 795. But after a thousand-ish rounds, no complaints and very accurate.

Thanks, Think I am going to give them a try. Which model did you get T100 or T200

Ive had them on about 2 years now I think.

I got the flip ups, because the front sight is elevation adjustable anyways. not as easy as the rear would be, but once its dialed in its dialed in...

For me it works out for a great 25/100 yard zero. Low setting I can shoot the popper at 25 and with a brainless flip of the sights I can ring a 100 yard plate. No counting clicks or losing zero because you goofed up.

DSC00940.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By Blackjack988
      Just looking to purge and de-clutter a little bit so putting up a number of spare guns, accessories, and optics for sale.  Will be updating this thread as I add more items.  I am located in Middletown NJ but am willing to meet and/or ship at buyer's expense. 
      Guns (all firearms must be transferred at an FFL and will only be sold to those with matching DL and FID, happy to discuss which FFL):
      $1250 - Walther Q5 Match SF 9mm - Lightly used (less than 500 rounds) will come with RMR-compatible plate and 6 magazines (4 factory 10 rounders and 2 factory 15's perm pinned to 10) $850 - Ruger 10/22 - Customized Ruger 10/22 based on basic Ruger receiver and bolt. Includes Kidd Barrel, Trigger pack, Rail, Charging Handle, and other upgrades.  Victor Company Titan stock. Accessories
      $375 - Modlite OKW package, includes light body, OKW head, Arisaka in-line Keymod mount, and Unity hot button (pic model) SOLD  
      The first to post "I'll take it" wins the sale

• By Maksim
      Letting the inner Slav continue to come out.  Second video will launch today at 3PM Eastern.  
      To help grow the Slavness, have a few companies helping out with giveaways.
      Subscribe if you have not done so yet, like the video and share it with your friends, hashtag #slavguns.
      One person will be selected at the premier and another over the next 24 hours after launch!  A very cool AR-15 accessory and some stuff from previous Shot Shows.

• I very seriously doubt this has anything to do with terrorism.    1) Harbor pilots are VERY seriously vetted, and highly trained. Not to mention extremely well paid. My experience knowing a few of them, and knowing how they are recruited and screened tells me that there is a slim to highly unlikely chance that a harbor pilot would have participated in anything like that.    2) Maintenance of foreign flag ships is well known to be dubious. Especially these days. These were NOT US flag, Jones act sailors. It was (to my understanding) a largely Indian crew on that ship, with a Ukrainian Captain. Indian crews are not exactly known for being stellar.    3) The bunkers (fuel) these ships use is ‘Bunker C’, which is a heavy, dirty fuel oil that can, and usually is, pretty contaminated. This stuff ain’t your car grade gasoline or diesel fuel. It’s nasty.   It requires nearly constant filter changes and maintenance to the engine/generators. The ship took on fuel prior to departing port, which would stir up all kinds of shit in the fuel tanks, which would contribute to particulates in the fuel lines/filters.    4) I’d say the posting of the chief engineer for Maserek above was pretty spot on as far as chain of events.    This was a shitty accident, with horrible timing and outcome. Not a terror attack. 
    • I saw Lara's interview on Bannon's War Room, and that gave me pause for thought. Her conjecture depends primarily on the veracity of her sources. Regardless, if it's not applicable in any way to this ship disaster, the methods described seem valid to me. And worthy of consideration for the future. As I said before, IMO something is coming. Death by a thousand cuts? Lara Logan Provides Comprehensive Baltimore Update: Experts in Behavioral Analytics, Counter-Terrorism, and National Security Analyze Recent Incident | The Gateway Pundit | by Jim Hᴏft
    • Another big windfall for governments'. The 'winner'? Not so much. Mega Millions $1.13 billion winner is facing mega tax bill. The amount is staggering. - nj.com