302w

Cheapest FL CCW course? NRA basic pistol?

I'm curious to see if there are any cheap, and/or pro bono pistol courses I can take for an FL CCW. I know I am probably asking for too much, but I really can't afford the $150 price tag GFH charges. Nothing against them, I just feel that I was taught well growing up, and I trust myself carrying a handgun.

I'm sure someone will chime in saying "there is no price you could put on training", but please don't. I'm a college student and shooting costs enough money.

I have my own handgun if that matters.

You could apply for your Utah CCW yourself and you dont have to take any courses and should run under $100 with the app fee,fingerprints,photo,and doing it yourself is probably the cheapest way

Last I checked Utah had a mandatory training class that had to be taught by one of their instructors, did this change?

WOW $150.00 huh? I charge $50 for NRA Basic Pistol and I do a outside the home protection in there with that to kind of teach students different things they may encounter.. I been shooting since I was knee high to a grasshopper and even as an Instructor I will say shooting a piece of paper is a lot different that real life situations and you need to practice and keep your skills up.. You would not believe the people who freeze like a deer in the head lights that have carried 10, 15, 20 yrs+ when it comes down to doing real life scenario training...

IIRC when I did my FL CCW a few months back, you need a certificate from a course/class you have done - this could be NRA Basic Pistol, a Hunter's Safety Card etc - I'm not sure if it is ANY formal training that counts, but it is flexible to include a number of formal training classes that include a live fire element.

The other bits you need to do are below, from looking on the GunForHire website they offer these as individual items e.g. if you've already received eligible training elsewhere (I think!) you can just do one or more of the below with them.

• Prints – $20
  • Notary – $10
  • Photos – $20

I would assume you could talk to your local PD or others and see whether you can save on some of the above. I applied through GunForHire for the convenience factor as I was also applying for my Utah CCW.

TheWombat

What's the different between the Utah CCW and the Florida CCW?

There are 5 states different between Utah and Florida:

Utah

AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, GA, IA, ID, IN, KY, LA, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY,31

Florida

AK, AL, AR, AZ, DE, FL, GA, IA, ID, IN, KS, KY, LA, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NM, OH, OK, PA, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT, WA, WV, WY, 32

Contact Bob Bajor in Easton area... good value, a lot of information, and a nice guy to boot. He can probably hook you up with both the Florida and Utah at the same time.

http://www.gunskills.com

I'm looking into this as well, while cheap is good and free is even better...I'm looking for quality instruction as well. Hearing ppl's horror stories where they've been to a class where someone muzzle sweeps the rest of the class 3 time AND drops their firearm and still passes the class...really? This one caught my eye...numerous people said his classes are very good and is an excellent teacher...hes also a vendor on the site:

http://www.gappnj.com/upcoming_courses/utfl_ccw

I'm looking into this as well, while cheap is good and free is even better...I'm looking for quality instruction as well. Hearing ppl's horror stories where they've been to a class where someone muzzle sweeps the rest of the class 3 time AND drops their firearm and still passes the class...really? This one caught my eye...numerous people said his classes are very good and is an excellent teacher...hes also a vendor on the site:

http://www.gappnj.co...ourses/utfl_ccw

Cameron runs a quality class. Very informative and lots of fun as well. Highly recomended.