Sign in to follow this  
dajonga

Saiga 12s in action

As a photo editor at the SL, I get to see thousands of photos from the wire feeds from around the world every day. Occasionally, I see cool gun photos and never think to share them. I will try to remedy that.

Today is the 1st IPSC Shotgun World Championship in Debrecen, Hungary. "The championship runs from 24 until 30 September 2012, with the participation of 524 competitors, including 39 women, from 30 countries." EPA photos by ZSOLT CZEGLEDI.

Some pretty neat looking Saiga 12s being used. Not a big fan of purple guns, but I would make an exception for this one.

post-2278-0-31836200-1348940188_thumb.jpg

post-2278-0-50670700-1348940195_thumb.jpg

post-2278-0-02554900-1348940205_thumb.jpg

I'll say this, I've seen a few people using them recently a major 3gun match. More then half of them were having problems with jams or badly fumbling reloads, and these were very customized guns used by people who knew what they are doing.

I think they are cool, but I don't think they are there yet. Magazine fed shotguns still have a ways to go.