mrlew

The things you see.......

...when it's Sunday and you don't have a license (or a bow). My son and I had our Brittany out today at Black River WMA in Chester. Just giving him some field time in anticipation of upland season. We turn into one of the fields and staring us in the face is a solid 12 point buck. This guy was huge!! He looked at us, we at him and he took off. Damn thing looked like a moose.

I saw this guy Sunday Morning munching on my Butterfly bush. About 20 feet away. He didn't move when I went and got the camera, came back and took his picture. He had two ladies with him but they ran ahead when they saw me.

6pointbuck.jpg

I saw this guy Sunday Morning munching on my Butterfly bush. About 20 feet away. He didn't move when I went and got the camera, came back and took his picture. He had two ladies with him but they ran ahead when they saw me.

6pointbuck.jpg

Well hopefully no over zealous yahoo takes him for a few years and allows him to develop into a trophy.

Well hopefully no over zealous yahoo takes him for a few years and allows him to develop into a trophy.

Yeah, he's not much more than a spike at this point but apparently isn't very fearful of humans so he'll get capped before he gets much bigger.

Yeah, he's not much more than a spike at this point but apparently isn't very fearful of humans so he'll get capped before he gets much bigger.

Don't you hate that? To me it's part of being ethical... let them grow and introduce new bloodlines.... Just because some buck has not learned to be stealth yet doesn't mean he should be shot. I would be embarrassed to shot that animal - Can't imagine the crap I'd take from my buds.

while I agree about letting deer mature Im also one to enjoy venison VERY MUCH.

if im on private land that is managed than I would let that buck walk all day. if im down in the pine barrens during buckweek and the clubs are drivin'...he's coming home with me.

If freezer has more for more venison and its end of the season....he's coming home.

I hunt to enjoy myself and to enjoy the outdoors. If Im able to harvest an animal than even better.

2 seasons ago one of my boys(he was 5 at the time) wanted me to shoot a deer, he made me promise. lol! spike walked in and only deer i saw for 30 minutes. I harvested that animal and my boy has those antlers in his bedroom. he loves em. The meat provided plenty of meals. it may as well have been a 10 pt buck my son was excited.

I could care less what anyone thinks about the headgear(or lack thereof) on an animal I harvest. as long as its legal I see no problem with it.

Nick

6pointbuck.jpg

I guess someone forgot to tell that deer, that deer don't eat butterfly bush. :mda: