Is it measured by the weight of each separate capsule or is measured adding the weight of each capsule together, I know nj law says no more than .75 fl oz, each charge in the jpx is .39 fl oz, but there's two of them so if you add them together its illegal in nj but if they're considered separate then they're nj legal

Does anyone know how its considered in nj

Typical paintball weighs around 3grams, so figure it wont weigh much more. Also, its a powder i believe not a liquid, and the law just says 3/4 oz. So figure about 6 shots.

i. Nothing in N.J.S.2C:39-5 shall be construed to prevent any person who is 18 years of age or older and who has not been convicted of a Felony, from possession for the purpose of personal self-defense of one pocket-sized device which contains and releases not more than three-quarters of an ounce of chemical substance not ordinarily capable of lethal use or of inflicting serious bodily

injury, but rather, is intended to produce temporary physical discomfort or disability through being vaporized or otherwise dispensed in the air.

Legal to own, illegal to carry loaded and charged with CO2. The handgun looking ones are Tippmann TIPX pistols that they smacked a label on, so paintball gun laws should apply.