Sign in to follow this  
pbkid6974

oaks gun show this weekend

It's either buy ammo or try and find a cheap milsurp rifle but I know nothing about those

That's my plan too. Mosins were going as cheap as $119.00. Just make sure you walk around the whole place before you buy. You never know if the vendor in the next row had the same thing for cheaper...

After my range time, I will be going there too, I should be there around 1pm. Thinking about buying an Abrams tank is that legal to park in my driveway? I don't think it will fit in my garage. Hahaha, last show I went to the mosins were flying off the the eagle arms tables. So get there early, but this one is a bigger show than the one I went to, so they should have a few more I would think.

Well today was a success. Mosins were plentiful. but, while walking around I can upon an Enfield no.4 mk 2. Picked it up put it back down, walked around a bit more but I couldn't keep my mind off it. Needless to say that came home with me. Now I have an excuse to join EFGA. :)

Well today was a success. Mosins were plentiful. but, while walking around I can upon an Enfield no.4 mk 2. Picked it up put it back down, walked around a bit more but I couldn't keep my mind off it. Needless to say that came home with me. Now I have an excuse to join EFGA. :)

Hey pbkid6974, you should join EFGA anyways for $60 and you might as well buy a guest pass too. I went to EFGA today and shot for about 4-5 hrs and I brought 2 friends with me. Then right after we finished we went directly to sarco's because both of them wanted to sign up for a membership.

I also drove straight to the gun show afterwards, they were running out of .223/5.556 really quickly, as I was walking in one guy had a hand truck stacked with xm193's bulk boxes. I managed to get some Tula/wolf .223 to try on my Ar, even the Tula .223 was all gone at more than one table and they claimed they brought several boxes. I only bought 2 cans of 50 cal ammo box and a few little things.

But I was EXTREMLY tempted to buy a garand but the wife would probably shoot me with it for spending the amount that they were asking for. Sarcos actually had a better price on their "Garand guy" garands with a 2 yr warranty.

A Garand is definitely on my list. I'm supposed to go down to Mississippi in the near future for my brothers winging for the navy. I'm planning on going to the CMP South store while I'm there. I don't think I could justify spending as much as they were asking at the show when I know i could get a nice one way cheaper.

I know about the ammo. Way too much of it was gone way too fast. I know there isn't really much .303 British surplus left but I did manage to find some. There was hardly any new stuff either. Looks like I need to buy some .303 british dies and set up that reloader I bought a few weeks ago.