JWGlock23

HELP! I screwed up

I need help to fix my ignorance.

So tonight I thought it would be a good idea to try to disassemble my champion 1911 GI. I thought I did pretty well but I can't for the life of me get the bottom mainspring housing pin back in. I've tried everything short of a jackhammer and I really don't want to ruin the gun, obviously. Is there anyone in the north that can meet up with me sometime and get this gun back together? Or while we are at it, throw in a skeleton trigger?

-Josh

You have to compress the mainspring housing ever so slightly to get the hole perfectly aligned all teh way through, then the pin will tap in much easier. The MSH is under load from the mainspring about 1/16" past the point of perfect alignment of the holes so just grab the frame in your hand, put the MSH against the table surface and start the pin in the hole with your fingers and it will go in about halfway until it hits the detent. From there it is now aligned and held steady from the pin and you can lay the frame flat and tap it the rest of the way through with a hammer and punch.

Bring it by the shop I can fit it for you and get it done....

You have to compress the mainspring housing ever so slightly to get the hole perfectly aligned all teh way through, then the pin will tap in much easier. The MSH is under load from the mainspring about 1/16" past the point of perfect alignment of the holes so just grab the frame in your hand, put the MSH against the table surface and start the pin in the hole with your fingers and it will go in about halfway until it hits the detent. From there it is now aligned and held steady from the pin and you can lay the frame flat and tap it the rest of the way through with a hammer and punch.

I tried that...the mainspring seems to need quiet a bit of compression to get it lined up.

Nick,

I may have to stop by...just dont know when....you in the shop tomorrow at all?

I tried that...the mainspring seems to need quiet a bit of compression to get it lined up.

Nick,

I may have to stop by...just dont know when....you in the shop tomorrow at all?

Let Nickjc do it! Burr the hole and screw up your pistol is a FAIL!!!