Does anyone here actually have a NJ concealed carry permit? LEO and retired LEO aside.

Honestly.....even if someone other than active or retired LEO did, would he/she reveal that fact on this forum?

No

My sentiments exactly... For if they did , the interrogation that would ensue would be absolutely Epic..... This tread for all practical purposes is now dead.

People who live in NJ just have to accept that it aint happening anytime soon, if you want to carry a gun its simple....move out of state. it pisses me off just as much as the next guy. I know there are organizations fighting for our rights but has anything about your average law biding citizen in NJ able to carry,im not trying to be a debbie downer but its just the reality. only hope is that the national reciprocity act would go into affect and even then I bet NJ would not honor non resident permits still leaving us in the dark. its plain and simple only way you are getting one is if you are very very wealthy or you "know" somoene. Why NJ thinks it is different than the 43 or so other states that do issue carry permits I do not know. until we get some real politicians who care about our rights its game over.

Honestly.....even if someone other than active or retired LEO did, would he/she reveal that fact on this forum?
Why not what's the big deal?My first cousins wife's father is chief of police in Hoboken, I bet if I lived in Hoboken I would have a ccw!

Nope. But have a good friend who turned pro, found himself in a bar fight, and in turn was sued because his hands were considered weapons.

I heard the same thing about reaching a certain belt rank in martial arts, though I have no evidence to back that up.

How many convicted felons are walking around New Jersey carrying concealed? Compare that to the amount of legal gun owners carrying conceled.

It sounds like you are trying to apply logic to the argument. Don't do it, it doesn't work, it only serves to confuse a liberal trying to defend their perception of reality and tends to cause them to double down on the stupidity of their solutions in an attempt to solve the problems they created with their previous solutions.

I know one. A retired Secret Service Agent. He still has to apply for permits though.

I do believe that instance would most likely fall under LEO or retired LEO.....No?

Why not what's the big deal?My first cousins wife's father is chief of police in Hoboken, I bet if I lived in Hoboken I would have a ccw!

I wouldn't be so sure. Even if your hook agrees with your "need" the judge still needs to approve it.

Nope. But have a good friend who turned pro, found himself in a bar fight, and in turn was sued because his hands were considered weapons.

You can bring up anything you want in a civil suit. Whether it has any bearing will be determined by the judge or jury. If someone assaults you and they have any boxing or martial arts experience I can't see why the plantiff would not bring it up. Criminally, if you knocked someone out you'd be charged the same as Chuck Norris did the same.

I know one. A retired Secret Service Agent. He still has to apply for permits though.

Are you sure its not the RPO permit he applies for? Seems to me that a retired LEO going for a regular NJ carry permit is making himself jump through all kinds of hoops (police chief, judge, justifiable need, et al) when to get a RPO permit all he has to do is be a retired LEO and apply directly to NJSP. He could also carry under LEOSA without a permit.

The only way I see NJ as a shall issue state is the current system being found as an "unreasonable restriction" and/or national reciprocity. The only other way is a veto proof pro 2A state legislature or a pro 2A legislature with a governor who feels the same way.

BTW, AFAIK they will not issue carry permits to LEOs as they already have statutory authority already.