JTQ911

Moving to PA

After living and working in central NJ the last few years, my the gf and I finally decided we needed a larger apartment. I didn't want to push PA too hard because she think I'm just obsessed with guns, but she found a place in Yardley that she loves. Going to sign the lease this weekend.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Already read that the Sheriff in Bucks issues ccw permit in about 20 minutes on a busy day. Now its time to find a good holster/belt. Look into a nice can for the AR. Get a real stock!

I warned my gf, once I taste freedom, I'm never going back!

Howdy soon to be neighbor. I'm a little north of you (and on the wrong side of the river). My GF takes the train out of Yardley every morning. Good luck on the move and if you want info about the area (as in where the LGS's are), just PM me.

Adios,

PIzza Bob

I am looking at a house tomorrow in PA. Sad when this states taxes are sooooooooo retarded and if I move 5 miles away the taxes are 1/4 of what I am paying now. This state is driving out people.... and yes gun laws did help in the decision to look over there too.

Coincidentally, I'll be looking at some homes in PA tomorrow, too. A couple in Hellertown and one in Riegelsville. Will the last one out of Jersey please remember to turn off the lights?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Two of my best friends and at least 4 or 5 folks at work have made the move west in the last year.

I like Hellertown but that two-lane main drag is a bear traffic-wise at times. Other than that not too much to dislike.

Good luck to everybody looking to make the move to a Free state.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Howdy soon-to-be neighbor!

Get your DL asap. Then drop by the Levittown offices to apply for your LTCP (that's what it is called here). Pay your $20 and your permit should be ready in a day or two. Sheriff Donnelly is and his staff are friendly and pro 2A. Yes, he does readily sign Forms 1 & 4!

After living and working in central NJ the last few years, my the gf and I finally decided we needed a larger apartment. I didn't want to push PA too hard because she think I'm just obsessed with guns, but she found a place in Yardley that she loves. Going to sign the lease this weekend.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Already read that the Sheriff in Bucks issues ccw permit in about 20 minutes on a busy day. Now its time to find a good holster/belt. Look into a nice can for the AR. Get a real stock!

I warned my gf, once I taste freedom, I'm never going back!

Thought about moving to PA but too far of a daily commute to work for me. If I could pack up and move anywhere this place would be high on the list. Its Bill Wilson's personal ranch retreat in Arkansas.

http://wilsoncombat.com/house/?utm_source=Wilson+Combat+Newsletter&utm_campaign=ef09e182dc-Knives_5_24_2012&utm_medium=email

Lucky! Trying to convince wife we should move out there, but its a futile fight as long a her parents are 15 minutes from us at the shore! Good luck and enjoy!!

(Working on a relocation to Texas though and that's showing more possibility since she hates the cold) :-)

Howdy soon-to-be neighbor!

Get your DL asap. Then drop by the Levittown offices to apply for your LTCP (that's what it is called here). Pay your $20 and your permit should be ready in a day or two. Sheriff Donnelly is and his staff are friendly and pro 2A. Yes, he does readily sign Forms 1 & 4!

LTCF...but you're close. :onthequiet:

I keep trying to explain to folks that if Donnelly can issue in 15 minutes in Doylestown (Sheriff Office), then he should also be able to issue in 15 minutes at any of the satellite offices. They have the same computer at each location. 1 or 2 days at a satellite doesn't make any sense.

Haha. Typo.

If you do it in Doylestown and if he is in then it'll take however long the clerk takes to type it in and have him sign. At the satelite offices, they probably compile a bunch before having him sign and the same for them to print out the cards, so an additional day is reasonable.

LTCF...but you're close. :onthequiet:

I keep trying to explain to folks that if Donnelly can issue in 15 minutes in Doylestown (Sheriff Office), then he should also be able to issue in 15 minutes at any of the satellite offices. They have the same computer at each location. 1 or 2 days at a satellite doesn't make any sense.

Haha. Typo.

If you do it in Doylestown and if he is in then it'll take however long the clerk takes to type it in and have him sign. At the satelite offices, they probably compile a bunch before having him sign and the same for them to print out the cards, so an additional day is reasonable.

But he doesn't actually sign the cards. The signature is printed on the card along with all the other info. He never even sees them.