usnmars

ATTENTION ACTIVE DUTY MILITARY IN NJ!

This is an open invitation to ALL branches of service active duty on the forum to come to my place on Thanksgiving. I know it is a bit early but will put out word now. Dont sit home in the barracks just sitting there by yourself, come up to my place and enjoy yourself. We normally go shooting in the morning and then come home and on comes the football and out comes the food. It is generally a very relaxed day. So I am going to say it again, if you are active duty and will be sitting in the barracks on Thanksgiving send me a PM. Come out and have some fun.

If you dont have transportation let me know, we may be able to work something out

I am going to make this a sticky until Thanksgiving so it gets maximum exposure.

I would like say that what your offering to the troops is a great deed. Ive been in the military for almost 7 years and served in iraq for one of those years. There are many generous people in the world who respect our military and there are some who dont. Just letting you know; us troops respect americans like you and we appreciate people who care about us. Thanks!

Really cool.

When I was in Panama, a somewhat wealthy family friend came to the city for business. He got in touch with me and had dinner with me on the top floor of the best hotel (I forget which). Not that it matters, but he put down nearly $300 on a basic meal and drinks, for the two of us, in a city where the best restaurants served the best steak and languista for $10 a head with drinks in the 1989-90 era. It was at a pretty bad time for me, too. I loved my brothers but when you have nothing else to turn to a little taste of the normal world with caring people can mean a lot.

Certainly a very nice gesture that I can always appreciate. Just today in fact I was getting some lunch and was informed that my meal was already paid for by another customer and she thanked me for my service. Turned my mediocre day into a positive one. So thank you USNmars and thank you anonymous lady.

USNMARS

If you need help with anything, provisions, someone need a ride, anything you can think of, please feel free to ask. Awesome is too tiny a word to express my feelings, but it will have to do. Bumper stickers are cool. But an open heart, and some hot chow, in a family setting, the BEST.

USNMARS

If you need help with anything, provisions, someone need a ride, anything you can think of, please feel free to ask. Awesome is too tiny a word to express my feelings, but it will have to do. Bumper stickers are cool. But an open heart, and some hot chow, in a family setting, the BEST.

+1 - Lemme know too