checko

Ok so I think I'm in the market for my first .22

I don't know if you got a .22 or not but Walt @ Hackettstown Guns and Ammo has a SIG 1911/22 in in Dark Earth if you were wondering.

Thanks but if I'm gonna get one its gonna be the OD Green version. Lou's usually has one in stock so I'll stop in there. I don't like the thought of paying a premium for Sig's name on a GSG gun though.

Browning Buckmark Camper. Cannot recommend it enough. Accurate, eats any ammo, easy to clean.

You beat me to it. The Buckmark is a seriously underrated pistol. I picked one up while I was searching for an SR22, and I was even going to trade it back in unfired when PK90 called me to say he got the Ruger in, but after I shot it, I decided it's a keeper.

Alec, stop watching me shoot mine... lol While I do have the occasional issue with my GSG1911-22 but I do use bulk ammo but really like the gun and it's fun to shoot.

My father picked up the SR22, I like it, but for a plinker it's fine, if you plan on shooting OBRAMS or Static Steel I'd pick another.

With that said, if I could only have 1 22LR Handgun, it would be the Ruger MKII or MKIII, especially the MKIII Hunter like my wife has. Just an all around great gun for anything you want to do with it IMHO.

.22 handguns are like potato chips. You can't have only one! I love my SR22 and my Buckmark, and I'm still considering picking up an M&P22 and a 22/45 Lite.

Buckmark triggers rule. I had one with a 5 1/2" barrel and it shot perfectly. However, I don't like having to use a wrench to take apart my gun, especially if I have a red dot on top. I switched to a S&W 41. It's a beautiful pistol and shoots well with a red dot on top. However, it's really heavy and it's picky about ammo and cleaning.

Buckmark triggers rule. I had one with a 5 1/2" barrel and it shot perfectly. However, I don't like having to use a wrench to take apart my gun, especially if I have a red dot on top. I switched to a S&W 41. It's a beautiful pistol and shoots well with a red dot on top. However, it's really heavy and it's picky about ammo and cleaning.

Funny thing about that; the radius on the trigger itself is rather tight, so my fat finger feels squished when I put my finger on it, but since I like the rest of the gun, I'm not going to complain too much. Besides, it's nothing a Dremel can't fix. :mole:

The weight is an advantage. Pick up a Ruger Mark whatever and you feel the weight of those too. Not that the .22 kicks at all, but having a heavier gun makes it a real pussycat to shoot. So far, mine hasn't been picky about ammo at all, though I've only tried Winchester Super X and CCI Minimags.

Funny thing about that; the radius on the trigger itself is rather tight, so my fat finger feels squished when I put my finger on it, but since I like the rest of the gun, I'm not going to complain too much. Besides, it's nothing a Dremel can't fix. :mole:

The weight is an advantage. Pick up a Ruger Mark whatever and you feel the weight of those too. Not that the .22 kicks at all, but having a heavier gun makes it a real pussycat to shoot. So far, mine hasn't been picky about ammo at all, though I've only tried Winchester Super X and CCI Minimags.

Plus you can add aftermarket barrels and grips from Tactical Solutions, which is what I'm planning on doing this Christmas after I buy my Henry Frontier repeater with the sweet old timey octogonal barrel. Thinking of going with the red fluted barrel and red grips, just reminds me of the 90's Bulls!

Well l took a ride to Lou's to check out the guns on my short list.

The SR22 was right on the border of being too small. It's not as bad as the P22, and I may get used to it.

The M&P 22 is a nice pistol but I just dont like the ergonomics or the grip. I think this one is out.

Didn't fondle the Sig 1911-22 but I know what they feel like. It's around $100 more than the Ruger.

I think its gonna be the Ruger and I'll add an Advantage Arms conversion for my Colt at a later date.

I put a down payment on the ruger a couple of days ago. Also bought a .22 conversion for my AR today. Looks like I have to go buy a couple bricks so I have something to run through the new toys.

You mentioned getting a 22/45 Ruger? Which barrel length did you go with?

SR22 is nice, but a lot of people feel it is too small for their hands.

Honestly its not bad in my hands. Id say I'm a average to above average sized hand. With the grips and base pad on the mag fits pretty well. Very comparable to the PK380 the old battle axe has