Sign in to follow this  
wwmarcww

Picked up a Ruger 10/22 tonight

I just picked up a 10/22 take down last week... haven't shot it yet. But Congrats! Now that i see your pic i'm Def gonna have to add the handgun into the mix too lol

Though i saw his email to late.... Tony from TJ Sporting Arms may still have a takedown in stock for a really good price! If anyone is interested.

Is the takedown worth the extra $$? I dont really need it to come apart for transport? does it offer anything else over the other models? FYI i love that stainless model.

Other than the compactness when taken down, it is easier to clean the barrel... good thing with a .22, if you ask me.

I bought it for the fact that it does fit nice in that little bag (I'll leave everything together, and just grab a box of ammo to be ready to shoot it). I have a Marlin 60 that my father bought me as a kid, as well as my Spikes .22 upper for my AR. I was interested with the AR7, but you cannot compete with the 10/22 aftermarket. Have an auto bolt release on the way and a few magazines following behind it.

If I just needed a .22, I might go with a standard model, but it would be a tough decision after seeing the Takedown (being stainless is a big plus for it, as well). To be clear, this purchase was not needed at all... just decided to pick it up.

Its a cheap enough part but if you dont want to wait/pay to order, you can easily modify your stock one with a little grinding on the large hole. Compare your stock plate, which will have a sort of kidney shaped hole, to the photo in the link and hit it with a dremel to round out the inner radius and the bolt will release when you pull the charging handle. Plenty of links on the web detailing the mod.

I have 2 10/22's. they are great guns. I'd second the tech sights reccomendation above, they are great sights (if you plan on using iron sights). 10/22's can be tack drivers with a scope as well.