NJKen

FiveseveN, love it but....

I love this pistol. Its a great shooter and very ergonomic. My main problem is ammo availability. I cant find 5.7x28 anywhere anymore. It pisses me off greatly. Anybody else going through this too>? I have emailed FNH twice about ammo availability and they dont even respond at all. Kind of disappointing. I hear rumors that Federal is going to start making this ammo but the retailers I deal with cant find much about it.

Ken

There are places that stock them... cabelas allows you to backorder which by accounts in the FN forum it takes about 2-3 months.

I also read on the FN forums that an ammo price increase is on the way so now would be a good time to pick up some bulk.

*edit* Cabelas is offering federal 5.7 but also backordered.

Time to consider reloading? Might be worth it if you really like that gun.

C

from what I hear from other reloader it's a terrible cartridge to reload! You have to be gingerly delicate and perfect, most guys kaboom the 5/7

How do you like it, other than ammo availability? I'm not much of a handgun guy, but other than revolvers, I really like the 5-7. I would like to get one as my first handgun, but I'm worried they might be cost prohibitive.

How do you like it, other than ammo availability? I'm not much of a handgun guy, but other than revolvers, I really like the 5-7. I would like to get one as my first handgun, but I'm worried they might be cost prohibitive.

Its a handgun that averages 1k purchase and ammo is about. .40 per round.. but the guys i know that own it enjoy shooting it

Ammo availability was the reason I did not pick one of these guns up yet. I've wanted one for a while, but not being able to feed it would make for a very expensive paperweight...so I've been sticking to calibers I already own for the time being. I WILL own one, someday....

Ammo availability was the reason I did not pick one of these guns up yet. I've wanted one for a while, but not being able to feed it would make for a very expensive paperweight...so I've been sticking to calibers I already own for the time being. I WILL own one, someday....

I have no clue what handgun I would get. I'm really not that much of a handgun person, I tend to prefer long-guns, but I'm pretty sure I'd love to shoot them as well.

ALL of you should take into account that some indoor ranges have BANNED that cartridge already, due to its' ability to dent metal backstops. Indoor ranges that allow .30 cal rifles will probably not have any problems, but older backstops at club's like OBRPC have had trouble already........

Outside, you can blast away!

Dave

Even though it says back-orderable, the expected shipping date says 0-1 weeks if that sounds promising enough. I almost want to buy some just to get in on some 5.7 stock just in case this crap gets expensive to find.

is it sad I liked the look of the blue tip from fiocchi though? :)