CAPTBIL3

Any members of the Lake island Rifle and Pistol range?

Where else can you shoot for nothing? Get with it you people.

John, Lake Island is cheap - yes. But it's not like people are making up all these negative alligations about the club. These are facts that people should be aware of before wasting their time, the clubs , or yours ; If it's not something that they are interested in.

Things like - Small, 25 yards only, poor ventalation, NRA paper targets only, you can only load 5 rounds into your magazine at a time, time restrictions ,etc etc are things people should know

On the other hand , The club is very affordable , John Fox is very friendly and accomodating in inquiries about joining the club..  Lake Island may be for some, but for most their are better ( yet more expensive ) options out there, such as OBRPC.

I'm a new member. I like it I live close so I can be there in 15 mins. John Fox is top notch I spoke to John about the club he invited me out. Same offer, his gun his ammo and all I had to do was show up the offer stood until I was a member and took delivery of my own handgun. Doesn't hurt to check the place out it isn't a new fancy range, the price reflects that and it is 25 yds. but for alot of people including myself thats good. I looked at a few ranges so for me 830 to 930 pm seemed normal. OB is a nice range but with work schedule finding the time to compete in the 5 required meets seemed difficult. Lake Island has a lot of good people with a wealth of helpful information for a new shooter such as myself. In the end if I only went once and stayed more then two hours I would have saved money compared to some of the other ranges for a two hour session. I also joined EFGA in PA. for outdoor and longer ranges.

Thank you all for the information.  It's good to know the pros and cons before hand so we can make an informed decision.  For me personally, the only issue(s) I'm concerned with is the fix 25-yd only shooting, and the previously unknown 5 round limit.  Not sure what the time restrictions are for members.

It's still prudent to go check it out. 

arnoldr