Col. Mortimer

Red DOT Firearms in Stanhope is open.

From Jim Hawthorne:

It’s finally official! As of this week, Red DOT Firearms is open and ready to help you exercise your 2nd Amendment. Whether you are into hunting, target shooting or self/home protection, we look forward to serving you.

We are located at 22 Main Street in Stanhope, NJ.

Our hours:

Monday: Friday 9:30 – 5:30

Saturday: 8:00 – 4:00

Sunday: 9:00 – 3:00

Please visit our web site at www.red-dot-firearms.com for more information. As an FYI, we also have an online inventory that you can shop from, located on our web site under our “Online Gun Store”

We are also on Face Book at Red DOT Firearms LLC and can be reached at 973.527.5080 or by emailing [email protected]. If you would like to receive updates as to when we will be having our Grand Opening, please email me at [email protected] .

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Jim Hawthorne

Phone: 973.527.5080

Email: mailto:[email protected]

Web Site: www.red-dot-firearms.com

A lo of misinformation given on that website. Are you affiliated? If so, PM me if so.

When purchasing a handgun in NJ you must bring a trigger lock, cable lock or a box capable of being locked before you can take delivery of the handgun. If you do not bring the above in to the store, you will have to purchase a safety device before being allowed to take your handgun home.

I never heard this before, is this right???

I see that Col. Mortimer's location is on NC, I will assume that he is not the owner. Sooo, I provide the following:

1. One does not need a valid NJ Firearms ID card to handle a firearm.

2. A box capable of being locked before you can take delivery of the handgun is not required. It only needs to be secured.

3. A Permanent Resident Alien no longer needs to provide 3 months of continuous residency documentation.

4. A FPID does not have to have a your current address.

I see that Col. Mortimer's location is on NC, I will assume that he is not the owner. Sooo, I provide the following:

1. One does not need a valid NJ Firearms ID card to handle a firearm.

2. A box capable of being locked before you can take delivery of the handgun is not required. It only needs to be secured.

3. A Permanent Resident Alien no longer needs to provide 3 months of continuous residency documentation.

4. A FPID does not have to have a your current address.

Doesn't the retailer have to include a locking device like a trigger lock? The site makes it sound like you must buy.

I know it is factored into the retail price but....the law?

It is craziness like this that frightens me. The site for this shop says, to paraphrase, that they are here to help you exercise your second amendment. Yet, they are crapping all over it with insane rules like those posted. Complete buffoonery, if you ask me. I understand gun shops adhering to the letter of the law, however voluntarily going above what is required is exactly what has gotten us in the position we are currently in. If you are willing to give the progressive agenda an inch, they will most surely take a long assed country mile. IMHO, YMMV.

C

2C:58-17. KeepSafe program established

2. a. There is established a KeepSafe program to encourage and stimulate the safe storage of firearms in the State of New Jersey by providing instant rebates to firearms purchasers who purchase trigger locking devices.

tab.gifUnder the program, a person who purchases a firearm from a retail dealer licensed under the provisions of N.J.S.2C:58-2 shall be eligible for a $5 instant rebate when a compatible trigger locking device is purchased along with that firearm. The licensed retail dealer shall deduct the rebate from the price of the compatible locking device in order to reduce by $5 the cost of the device for the purchaser.

tab.gifb.tab.gifThe Superintendent of State Police, in conjunction with the Attorney General, shall adopt guidelines in accordance with the Administrative Procedure Act, P.L.1968, c.410 (C.52:14B-1 et seq.), to effectuate the purposes of this act.

tab.gifIn addition, the superintendent shall prepare and deliver to each licensed retail firearms dealer in the State the forms necessary to record and report participation in the program. The forms, which shall set forth the name, address, telephone number, State tax number and State license number of the retail firearms dealer, the name of the firearms purchaser and his firearms purchaser identification card number or permit to purchase a handgun number, the make and model number of the compatible trigger locking device purchased and the date of the sale, shall be in duplicate. One copy shall be retained by the retail dealer for his records. The other shall be submitted to the Attorney General for reimbursement. The reimbursement copies shall be submitted monthly at a time prescribed by the superintendent. The submitting retail dealer shall be entitled to a reimbursement of $5 for each trigger locking device sold as part of the KeepSafe program. To help defray any administrative costs, each participating retail dealer shall receive, in addition to the reimbursement, $0.50 for each valid reimbursement copy submitted.

tab.gifThe superintendent also shall provide each licensed retail firearms dealer with a sign to be prominently displayed at a conspicuous place on the dealers business premises where firearms are offered for sale. The sign shall state substantially the following:

KEEP NEW JERSEY FIREARMS SAFE.

TO ENCOURAGE NEW JERSEY GUN OWNERS TO

STORE THEIR FIREARMS SAFELY, THE STATE IS

OFFERING A $5 INSTANT REBATE WHEN YOU

PURCHASE A COMPATIBLE TRIGGER LOCK ALONG

WITH YOUR FIREARM.

REMEMBER--THE USE OF A TRIGGER LOCK IS

ONLY ONE ASPECT OF RESPONSIBLE FIREARM

STORAGE. FIREARMS SHOULD BE STORED,

UNLOADED AND LOCKED IN A LOCATION THAT IS

BOTH SEPARATE FROM THEIR AMMUNITION

AND INACCESSIBLE TO CHILDREN.

NEW JERSEYS FAMILIES AND CHILDREN ARE

PRECIOUS--KEEP THEM SAFE!

i'd be advertising free gun lock with purchase and it's your choice to use it.