Cam'mown

Thoughts on Baby Eagle?

Just got my new permits after 5 days, so this decision is moved up on the timetable.

I am impressed with how the baby eagle feels, but I don't know anyone that has personally shot one.

If anyone has any opinions, I'd like to hear them. I am looking at the .45 version

Thanks

Big and heavy, but based on the CZ 75B design, so it's definitely a proven performer. I looked at picking up a full sized BE in 9mm when shopping a few years back and the things I didn't like about it where: 1) heavy as hell and 2) didn't like the slide mounted decocker - it is a decock/safety type like on the Beretta 92FS.

I ended up with a CZ 75B instead. Since you are looking at the .45 ACP version, you may want to take a look at the EAA Witness in .45 ACP as an option.

The Baby Eagles are nice guns, based on the CZ platform, but they are different enough from the CZs that parts are not easy to find. If you like the design look at the CZ's, they make a very interesting .45 as well, although a bit different from the rest of the line up, the CZ 97B. That is somewhere in between the CZ75 and the 1911 designs really.

I hate to revive a thread from the dead, but I too am interested in the Baby Eagle .45. If I were to go to a range, what's something I could rent that's about the same size (no chance in hell anyone's going to have one for rental locally) to see if I like a .45 with a 3.9" barrel. I don't think I've ever shot a .45 out of anything that small before.

I was in the market for a CZ 75 clone. I've shot a BEII, AR-24 & Tanfoglio Force 99 (all 9mm), at the end of the day I purchased the Force 99. They are all good shooters (the AR-24 is the only handgun that has ever stove-piped on me) but the Force was just a better value.

I already have a CZ75BD in 9mm. I like the Tanfoglio, but definitely not in polymer, I just don't want the EXACT same looking gun again. I love the design of the BE/Jericho that's what's making me interested in it. I love that angle towards the business end that slopes down, looks extremely aggressive!

I already have a CZ75BD in 9mm. I like the Tanfoglio, but definitely not in polymer, I just don't want the EXACT same looking gun again. I love the design of the BE/Jericho that's what's making me interested in it. I love that angle towards the business end that slopes down, looks extremely aggressive!

The CZ75BD is my favorite model. And yes, the Force 99R is a poly framed 75BD. From my experience the BE is a really nice shooting gun. It's heavy, resulting in low recoil.

I have the older (hammer fired) Baby Eagle 9mm, semi-compact polymer frame.

Pros:

Fits my hand really nicely

Single action trigger

Absorbs recoil well

"Unique" look w/ the angled slide that rides inside the rails of the frame

Cons:

Double action trigger

Single action trigger has a bit of "takeup"- not as crisp as say, a 1911 trigger.

Can be a little awkward to rack the slide, because it doesn't have much area to grab onto

Downright impossible to find mags/accessories for

I'd recommend it.

Was just at OMG customs and asked Ric to let me know if he comes across one at the gun show he's attending. Definitely want it in .45 but a 9mm full frame will make me equally happy. Also bought a K98 Mauser Karabiner while I was there LOL.

I have had a full sized BE .40 for several years now and have never had an issue. I have fired off close to a thousand rounds from my pistol and the only time I ever had an issue was with some steel ammo. Happened to me one time, but never again. Running brass through it has been flawless. Breakdown is very simple. I can take it apart in a few seconds and reassembly is just as easy.

I find it to be very balanced. People complain about the weight? It is a full steel gun, of course it's going to be heavier than a poly gun, but when buyin a full sized, I like being able to feel a gun. A poly gun is only good if it is a concealed gun in my opinion because you want it to stay that way. Since you can't carry in NJ, I figure what's the point anyway.

I think some polymer guns are cool. I've shot a Glock 19 or 23 I don't remember, and I'm quite fond of the Taurus PT840 to the point where I'd buy one (I was thinking of getting one and a friend let me try his), however I don't think I'd want to own a polymer gun that isn't an HK45. I don't have huge hands, but my CZ-75 fits snugly and I actually find it very light (even though it's considered a heavy gun). I have a feeling I will be perfectly happy with the gun in any of it's calibers though I'd prefer .45, although 9mm seems redundant yet economical since I already have a 9mm. I suppose 41AE barrels are floating around there somewhere...

Over 500 anyway.

There are a t9n of models. Are you sure it was the all metal baby eagle 2 guns?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

100% positive. The .45 only comes in steel. The 40s&w was 480$ shipped free and the .45 was $515 shipped free. I almost jumped on the 40s&w until I looked at my checking account LOL. I'd prefer the .45 but I've been reading about some issues with it so I think I'll end up going with a full size 9mm once my next p2p comes in. I can always get the .45 later