mustang69

Hello from Central NJ

Hey All!

Long time lurker, first time member post...

I've been following the forum for a bit as I did some research on what handguns I wanted to get. I've been shooting at a range in PA for a few months, just getting back into the sport / hobby after a bit (like 25 years!).

Anyway, finally pulled the trigger on a Beretta 92FS Inox and have a Kimber Stainless Pro Carry II on lay-away waiting for the 30-day blackout.

Just wanted to say hi, will post in the general sections from here on out.

Dean

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By CanikInThePanic
      Hi, new member here looking for some guidance to be compliant.  
      I received my first FPID card & a P2P last month. 
      My DL, FPID & P2P all have the same address which is current with DMV. I am no longer living there as of a week ago & am now month to month. Not sure if I should change my address with DMV & FPID to somewhere I might not be in the next month. Is it legal for my to go forward with a purchse if I find something on gunbroker & send to a NJ FFL dealer as all my info matches? or do I need to wait util I update my FPID & get a new P2P w/ a permanent address? Thank you very much for any help here!  
    • By diablo2424
      Hello everyone, I'm new to shooting, I recently acquired my FID card and am waiting for my first P2P to come back.  I live in Brick, so right on the border of Monmouth County and have been shooting once with my neighbor at the old Brick Armory.

I had the opportunity to shoot his three handguns, Ruger 22/45 Mark III, S&W M&P 9mm Compact (hated) and Springfield XD 45 ACP.  I have since been doing my research and have decided that I want to use my two P2P's (once approved - submitted in late July, so we'll see how long they take) to pick up a Ruger SR22 and a .45, I want to go shoot the Glock 21 Gen 4 and the S&W M&P 45.  Also, at some point I would like to pick up a Ruger 10/22 Rifle to tinker with and modify to personalize it, as they seem to be very reliable as well as there are MANY aftermarket options.  I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to leave anything stock, and I love taking things apart and modifying them, so I figured I'll pickup the 10/22 for that purpose so I don't mess with the handguns, lol.

I have a few friends who work in law enforcement, one of which said he can take me to an outdoor range in Wall somewhere, as I've heard that outdoor ranges are much better.  Unfortunately CJRPC is a bit out of my price range (for now) so I'm planning on sticking to Garden State Shooting Center, as it's very close to me and the one time I went into Shore Shot I had awful customer service, unlike the great service I received at GSSC during my first visit there.

I hope to learn a lot on here, it seems like there's a lot of information on the forums as well as some knowledgeable people!
    • By Dr Bocci
      Was able to finally shot the glock 19 gen4 ipicked up a few months back. Great time, handles beautifully.

Now my questions. It took a good amount of force to place the mag into the gun. Is that normal? Also, if the slide was back when I loaded the mag, it (the slide)would release and slide forward chambering a round. Is this normal??This gun had 0 rounds through it before me, so I dont know if that is partof the issue. Im a newbie to pistols, but I feel that this should not be happening?
    • By Dr Bocci
      So I was finally able to get my m&p15 sport to the range yesterday. Man that was fun!! Only put about 200 rounds through it, but my pop and I had brought some other stuff we had aquired but hadn't fired yet. I'll admit im a bit of a newbie and have reverted back to having lady hands doing dentistry and not manual laboy any more, but damn, that barrel gets hot! Even the through the plastic forend. I def see the benefit of a nice set of gloves. I made the mistake of grabbing thre barrel about 5 min after the last shot and have some blisters to remind me to never do that again.