david8613

affordable tactical flashlight for an ar?

TLR-1 so far is the best bang for your buck. If you're looking at a dedicated' flashlight', anything from Surefire or Streamlight. The G2 from Surefire is on millions of rifles in the US, as is the Streamlight Polytac.

The G2 is a very nice light for the price.

use a G2 with a good mount.. it is more versatile... if you get something with quick release you can take the light off if you need to..

I have a Vltor mount I am probably selling if you are interested.. ROCK solid.. but can come off or be moved around in seconds without tools... I used it because I could easily move it from gun to gun if need be..

vltor.jpg

g2 is handsdown the best flashlight for an AR. It's rugged, built to take a beating, impervious to the elements, inexpensive and the LED has 80 lumens whichg is more than enough .........for $35-$40.

imo

Where is the LED version available for $35-$40? I'm only finding the incandescent at those prices.

g2 is handsdown the best flashlight for an AR. It's rugged, built to take a beating, impervious to the elements, inexpensive and the LED has 80 lumens whichg is more than enough .........for $35-$40.

imo

I agree the G2 is an excellent light for the price, but anything less than 200 lumens is not bright enough for serious low light "social" work on a long gun. 200 lumens is even lower than I like, but it is acceptable at 50 yards and in. With the new Surefire Fury 500 lumen lights and G2X 300 lumen lights coming out at around $100, I think they are the way to go.

If you already have a G2, go to TNVC.com and look at ther Cree Q5 lamp ($45.00) as an upgrade. It works with the original plastic head on an incan G2, throws a little over 200 lumens, and has a run time of 2 hours. Then again, for about the same price as a G2 and TNVC Head, you can get the new Surefire G2X at over 300 Lumens, or one of the Fury lights at 500 Lumens.

anyone know a good place to purchase a surefire m951 for a good price? what's a good price for a used one?

The M951 is obsolete. Heavy, limited mounting options, dim, low battery life. For half of the price of a m951, you can buy a 500 lumen Surefire Defender Fury ($108) and a VTAC mount ($25) to put it in.

Where did you purchase the light? 400 lumins is bright!

I did a lot of shopping and I made offers on quite a few on ebay and finally someone accepted my offer for the $50 shipped (brand new with original packaging) ... I was going to get one for my father and uppon looking they are considerably more now then they were 4 months ago... :fie:

I've got my ultralight set up. A vtac polymer mount with a modified insert and a 4sevens single 123 quark tactical. Something like 5oz. Twist between high and strobe, push for intermittent, click for constant, use it like a gas pedal when not operating it.Like 150 lumens for the generation I have. Total cost about $80 for the light and mount.

I have this 500 lumen (or so it claims) I bought from my job for like 60 bucks.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_356000-50584-TAD9V5W_0__?productId=3410368&Ntt=kobalt+flashlight&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dkobalt%2Bflashlight&facetInfo=

There was some threads on arfcom about it. People liked it for the price but some were skeptical about the way it holds up with recoil. The way I see it, if it doesnt hold up, it has a lifetime no hassle warranty and I just get a new one.