Sign in to follow this  
PK90

NICS is down AGAIN

NICS will be down again today Wednesday 10/31/2012. With a 4 day backup and Election Day next week, forget about walking in then out of a gun store with a firearm for the next 10 days. It will mean two trips and a few days wait.

Governor Chris Christie Announces Wednesday Closure of State Offices in the Aftermath of October Storm

I was going to ask about that... So the next time some gun control extremist tells you that background checks aren't an infringement on your 2A rights, ask them how many firearms you could purchase in NJ from a gun store on 10/30/12 and 10/31/12.

The whole system is a scam. I was supposed to get my permits yesterday. The "detective" set the appointment. I showed up he was not there and the police headquarters had no power. even with no power I went to get my permits today he acts like I'm a nut job for showing up for my paperwork. Now I have to wait until Monday. I can't wait to see what kind of punk ass excuse they have next.

The whole system is a scam. I was supposed to get my permits yesterday. The "detective" set the appointment. I showed up he was not there and the police headquarters had no power. even with no power I went to get my permits today he acts like I'm a nut job for showing up for my paperwork. Now I have to wait until Monday. I can't wait to see what kind of punk ass excuse they have next.

For you to be genuinely aggravated over permits not being ready in the wake of a hurricane warrants a facepalm far larger than i can express over the internet. Please tell me there is sarcasm buried somewhere in this.

I really hope your kidding. Far more important things than your stupid permits. What a selfish brat. This is a perfect example of what is wrong with people today. Only care about themselves

I really hope your kidding. Far more important things than your stupid permits. What a selfish brat. This is a perfect example of what is wrong with people today. Only care about themselves

lol he's just excited blue!

Lol , I'm a former utility worker, I am used to this stuff. I take it for granted that I am capable of working in this stuff. And yes I'm excited as hell, getting permits in Newark under 9 months is cause for celebration. My power is still out, but I still gaffed the poles to get my neihbors cable tv up, I cut up dead downed trees, I fetched gas for the elderly and handed out food in a shelter

What did you do today? I had fun.

Lets take a breather . If I was waiting for my first permit I would be excited and let down if I was not able to pick it up. On the other hand nj is screwed at this point. I would wait a week or so then goto the pd and ask for your permits

At the risk of regretting this...

What things are more important?

Though I do agree, the permits are stupid. We shouldn't need them.

Right now a lot. I agree permits are stupid but right now are required. To actually ask what is more impt right now is moronic. People have no homes and you are asking what is more important to a pd now. Stupid

Those things are mutually exclusive. The PD's have nothing to do with people's homes.

:facepalm:

Without going into name calling or negative rants, to answer the question of why permits should be lower priority is that most PD's are working around the clock running downed wire calls, providing manual traffic safety details, and are stretched too thin for clerical duties. Even though the post that originally had started this convo had been confirmed that it was sarcastic in nature.

Without going into name calling or negative rants, to answer the question of why permits should be lower priority is that most PD's are working around the clock running downed wire calls, providing manual traffic safety details, and are stretched too thin for clerical duties. Even though the post that originally had started this convo had been confirmed that it was sarcastic in nature.

Thank you for that.

I think this is just one more example that supports the argument that the whole permitting process is unnecessary, outdated, and serves zero safety benefit to the public. If during a time of crisis, a PD views it as "clerical work" (which it is, don't get me wrong), and not "real" police work, then I argue that it's never real police work and any time spent doing it is taking away from otherwise valuable LEO time.

Ok as PK posted nics is back up... its gat time..

lets cool things down and just agree on a few points,

1. NJ Permit requirements are stupid

2. NJ permits are required so we deal with it.

3. The police are quite busy at this moment attempting to protect us and keep order.

4. FID is not going to be the priority of the PD for the next few weeks <Refer to 1 ,2 and 3>

That being said i give a thumbs up to any and all PD, EMS, 911 Operators etc etc for doing a great job and leaving your families home alone to protect ours.

Nope..nice to people all the time. Stupidity angers me. To sincerely ask what else is more impt right now is pure stupidity. The one who initially asked this is not even in reference to. As far as cop bashing I just expect it now from a select few. Since I their opinions means nothing to me it doesn't bother me. I can now add you to that list. I am off to work now to do important things and that doesn't include permit paperwork

Let's face it, I was already on your list because I dared to question you.

Yet another reason the police need to be out of the permission slip business when it comes to people's rights. It is not their business to determine what is important to someone. If I were in the dark in Newark with no protection after waiting six months over the time frame they are given by law to have the permits completed I'd be pissed off as well. After 9 months I don't give a rat’s ass what is going on, you give up the argument that you are too busy now, they should have been done months ago.