Malsua

Obtaining Gasoline

So a Guy I work with went up into Goshen, Middletown and all through that area, only to find massive lines at the gas stations.

I know just over the PA border, it's also a problem but not once you get in a little ways, but I don't know about places like Port Jervis.

So what's the answer here? Is South Jersey having a problem, like the Cherry Hill area?

I'm not waiting 4 hours for fuel. I've got enough supply to get me through to Wed of next week but then I'm stuck.

I was going to start an exact thread as this; so thanks, Mal. I still don't have power, and would rather not waste the battery power on my phone with battery-sucking apps or fidgeting with overloaded websites.

So, yes, how far west into PA are people going, and/or how far south in NJ?

Actually, just got off the phone with my sister, who lives down in the Cherry Hill area, and she says they haven't had gas lines (in fact was shocked by the sight when she came up north a ways). I'm going to head down there tonight, get some gas, and confirm otherwise

My son just waited in line at WaWa the line was long but it only took 10 mins. The WaWa on East Vets in Jackson, same place the suspected shooting was last night. I got gas at Lukoil on Rt 70 in Brick and it took me 20 mins. The lines are long but they move pretty quick. So just pick one and wait.

The lines are long but they move pretty quick. So just pick one and wait.

You aren't seeing the lines we have in North Jersey. Some of these lines are stretching up to a mile back out onto the highways. Local station here in the town where I work had 105 cars in line at 6:30am this morning.

Up here in the Rt 3/46 area (clifton, montclair, bloomfield, little falls, nutley) things seem pretty bad. I had the police scanner on most of the morning and 99% of the calls were either about traffic caused by lines to gas stations, fights at gas stations, or gas stations that had no gas. Minimum wait seems to be an hour for the few stations that have gas...

Burlington, and Florence area have no lines. Exit 5 or 6 on the turnpike will get you there. They're on route 130 and route 541. From linden it's about an hour drive. I've also heard the truck stops in bordentown also have gas, exit 7 route 206. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Secaucus has two gas stations with fuel at present. One is just for first responders and members of the public are being turned away by the police. I witnessed some very agitated members of public arguing with the police.

The other gas station is open to the public but has a line that is at least 90 minutes long - probably much more.

I walked around the other gas stations and the people operating them are there, but have no idea if they'll get deliveries today.

TheWombat

I got in line at 4:30 this morning for a station that was opening at 6. I was number 8 in line and got out of the station by 6:11. That same station now has a two hour line and I don't know how much gas they could have. I rode my motorcycle to work to save fuel and everywhere I went Montville, Parsippany, Whippany, East Hanover, Roseland. The same story; either no gas or a long line.

I have 3 cars with full tanks, mine, my daughters and my wife's. They know until this ends all cars are for food runs and me to go to work.

I'm in Jersey City, there is no gas to be found any where around here. I drove 30 mins up north to a friends place in Rockland County to get gas at his advice, by the time I got there all the stations were empty. I got big time lucky driving home and catching two tankers filling the last rest stop on the parkway. It's crazy out here right now. All the fuel barges were barred from the ports in this area after the storm because of debris. That's causing a lot of the shortages right now.

Huge lines at the stations that are open here in Wayne and the surrounding areas. In fact, I'm looking at one right now outside my office window that stretches farther than I can see. It's been like that all day the last couple of days, or at least until the gasoline runs out.

I have just a five minute drive from my home to office, so if I don't travel too far, I should be OK for a couple of weeks or so. Sadly, that means no shooting for me. :resent:

Drove to work at 0400 this morning seeing if I could top off my car that's just below half, but lines longer than you would think with people just lined up for stations to open. Every single one between Sayreville and EWR Airport.

Didn't stop, figure I'm good for another day or so, if not the Mustang with new 31 MPG rating (Yea right) is full in the garage to get me into late next week if needed, but from what we are hearing here from all the local authorities, gas supply and electricity to stations should not be close to the state that they are in right now. A lot are saying that by Sunday we should be close to being out of this problem except for the hardest hit areas.

New York thruway (rte 87 north) towards Albany. Went to the platykill service area Sunoco right on the thruway. No lines. Open pumps. Diesel also available. It was a beautiful thing this morning. Just beautiful.

Took me an hour to get there and an hour back but the thruway was dead, no traffic. By the time I was back in Wayne after detouring in west Milford I only have 3/4 tank left plus 10 gallons reserve. With that being said, it sure beats waiting in line for 4 hours.

Actually, just got off the phone with my sister, who lives down in the Cherry Hill area, and she says they haven't had gas lines (in fact was shocked by the sight when she came up north a ways). I'm going to head down there tonight, get some gas, and confirm otherwise

Ben don't waste your time.

Sunoco on 130 and 571 had no lines at all last night around 10:30 pm. Topped off 3 cars.

Shell on Rt 33 & Lake Drive (twin rivers) had no lines around 11pm..

So a Guy I work with went up into Goshen, Middletown and all through that area, only to find massive lines at the gas stations.

I know just over the PA border, it's also a problem but not once you get in a little ways, but I don't know about places like Port Jervis.

So what's the answer here? Is South Jersey having a problem, like the Cherry Hill area?

I'm not waiting 4 hours for fuel. I've got enough supply to get me through to Wed of next week but then I'm stuck.

Not sure why you're having an issue. I'm in Gloucester City, which is probably no more the 5-8 miles from you. No gas lines, no waiting, no shortages................................... and it's $3.45 for a gallon of regular.