Malsua

Obtaining Gasoline

Interesting that even within a 10-15 mile radius some people are having a 1-4 hour wait, while others are having a 10-30 minute wait. One person sat in line for 7 hours which is just crazy.

#NJGas on Twitter is a good place to keep an eye on if you are unable to travel far enough South or West. A number of local stations have short lines.

TheWombat

Interesting that even within a 10-15 mile radius some people are having a 1-4 hour wait, while others are having a 10-30 minute wait. One person sat in line for 7 hours which is just crazy.

I don't get it at all. Maybe these people are already out of gas and can't move anywhere?

I can get to the PA border on 78 in around 40 minutes. The first few exits have some lines (NJ people), but after that (and a few miles from 78) there is a land of gas stations with no customers at all. Or you can drive to South Jersey and back from Northern NJ and get all the gas you want with no line.

I guess it's people who don't have enough gas left in the tank to drive 30-45 minutes for no line?

I don't get it at all. Maybe these people are already out of gas and can't move anywhere?

I can get to the PA border on 78 in around 40 minutes. The first few exits have some lines (NJ people), but after that (and a few miles from 78) there is a land of gas stations with no customers at all. Or you can drive to South Jersey and back from Northern NJ and get all the gas you want with no line.

I guess it's people who don't have enough gas left in the tank to drive 30-45 minutes for no line?

I think it is more they either don't know, or they don't want to take the risk.

TheWombat

Found a place that's out of gas but has diesel. I pulled, in filled up and drove out. He's confident that diesel won't be a problem and directed me to use a particular entrance to go direct to the diesel pumps.

I'm confused, are you saying you went to go get gas, they were out , so you filled with diesel?... In your gasoline engine ?

Does anyone know if there is any limits on the amount of gas you can buy when you get to South Jersey? If this fuel shortage doesn't alleviate by early/mid next week I may need to take a ride south with my 100 gallon tank and about six 5 gallon gas cans, so my workers can get back to work next week.

I'm really glad I had my 450 gallon diesel tank filled on Friday before the storm, getting around hasn't been a problem for me, but need gas for leaf blowers, vacuums and mowers.

Does anyone know if there is any limits on the amount of gas you can buy when you get to South Jersey? If this fuel shortage doesn't alleviate by early/mid next week I may need to take a ride south with my 100 gallon tank and about six 5 gallon gas cans, so my workers can get back to work next week.

I'm really glad I had my 450 gallon diesel tank filled on Friday before the storm, getting around hasn't been a problem for me, but need gas for leaf blowers, vacuums and mowers.

Just had a friend who lives by the shore say they had no limit and no wait when they went south to fill-up. This could change though.

I'm confused, are you saying you went to go get gas, they were out , so you filled with diesel?... In your gasoline engine ?

No I have a diesel but some stations even with diesel would close to void the flash mobs if a car would show up. I was cruising on my motorcycle and intentionally went to this particular station be cause they have a convenience store so I knew even without gas they'd be open. I saw an R350 at the pump so I assumed no line the R was diesel which it was so I asked the guy if I could get my VW if he'd pump diesel and he said yes. He told me he'll have no diesel shortage so just come by thru the back entrance and come to the diesel pump. He also told me the cops don't care because there are so few diesel cars/ SUVs.

So, I was actually scouting for a station that pumped diesel that was out of petrol so I could not sit in line. I may stop an oil heating truck if I get desperate because I can burn that for fuel too.

I have diesel SUV because I keep them, drive them lots of miles so the modest additional cost is saved over the time I have it in fuel mileage and not counting the much less frequent maintenance. In my view diesel is priceless, more durable, better fuel mileage and power that is much more than you get from the gas equivalent

No limit. Just make sure the tank is designed for that.

No limit. Just make sure the tank is designed for that.

Thanks guys, hopefully I won't need to take a long ride.

It's a fuel transfer tank, I'm not sure if they are rated differently for diesel vs gas. I used to fill it all the time at local gas stations, but ended up getting fleet cards for my workers because it was easier.

I know the next time I hear a storm is coming that has the potential to create a significant tidal surge, I'm going to fill it before the storm.

I've made two trips to Stroudsburg PA this week to get gas and it has worked well. It is a little more than an hour round trip from where I live near exit 27 of 80. The line was longer today but I did not wait more than 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No reason to go to 78.

East Windsor, NJ, Hamilton, NJ, Route 130 off of 195. No wait in line and less than 30 mins away from you.

Just filled up with cousin's husband. No lines at all.

limit is 30 bux around my way ==Eastbrunswk

There are loooong gas lines in NJ... Why in the hell we are not seeing the same massive lines for wind, solar and bio disel? Hmmm... I wonder...

Because those technologies are expensive, have drawbacks and work well right now? You think wind turbines and solar panel farms would have survived this storm?

Go diesel....no drawbacks and even here in the north where lines are long I've pulled in and out twice with no wait at the diesel pump.

All nurses, physicians and law enforcement can obtain free gas at

STATE NJDOT REFUELING FACILITIES

MUST HAVE CREDENTIALS:

DOCTORS: NJ DL, MEDICAL LICENSE AND HOSPITAL ID

NURSES: NJ DL, NURSING LICENSE AND HOSPITAL ID

LAW ENFORCEMENT: ID AND NJ DL

STATE AG OFFICE IS CHECKING AND VERIFYING

SO GOVERN YOURSELVES ACCORDINGLY

This is true....I am a physician and used it. My buddy is a detective and refueled his vehicles.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Driving from Secaucus to RTSP via rt 46/rt 10.. About 50% of the gas stations were closed - although unclear whether due to gas availability or electricity being out. This included all the independent/small chains plus some stations for the bigger chains.

The gas stations that were open typically had between 30-60 minute waits although a couple had slightly shorter lines. Definitely less lines that on Thursday/Friday/Saturday - not sure if that is just because it was between 8am and 10:30am on a Sunday.

TheWombat

I was able to get gas in middlesex boro yesterday morning. I waited on line at 1 station for about 30 minutes only to be told (i was 1 car from the gas station at the time) that they didnt have enough gas for me, or the 30 cars behind me. I switched over to another line for another station, I had to wait close to a half hour, but was able to fill up. My father got gas last night in bound brook, he told me there were only 4 cars infront of him. My neighbor took a run up to exit 3 or rt 78 (forgot the town name). he said it was only a fifteen minute wait (on friday).