Malsua

Obtaining Gasoline

Waited in line yesterday for 4 hours at Exxon in Morristown. My sister was 6 cars back and they ran out right before her.

She's still in need of gas. Anyone have any tips on gas in the Morristown area?

Hope everyone is making it okay. Thanks

I was in line for 4 hours also last night, 11pm to 3am. WAWA in Parsippany always has gas. They get it from Delaware.

All I have is from a CBS2NY site

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/11/02/christie-shoreline-destruction-heartbreaking-for-every-new-jerseyan/

On the issue of gasoline, Christie called the situation a “tale of two states” that was separated by I-195.

“South of 195, ninety-five percent of stations are open and operating. North of 195, twenty-five percent of stations are open and operating,” Christie said.

Gas companies Gulf and Hess both said they would deliver gas with the National Guard and FEMA to any gas station that is out of gas, the governor said Friday afternoon

Ben don't waste your time.

Sunoco on 130 and 571 had no lines at all last night around 10:30 pm. Topped off 3 cars.

Shell on Rt 33 & Lake Drive (twin rivers) had no lines around 11pm..

Yea, I ended up going to the Shell on 571 around 2pm, waited less then 5 minutes. Also, saw that down 130, virtually no lines as well

“South of 195, ninety-five percent of stations are open and operating. North of 195, twenty-five percent of stations are open and operating,” Christie said

The line has been drawn and the North/South argument settled.

Sent from my DROID4

Shooting? hadn't heard of that. There's always drunks/druggies/criminals getting arrested at that place, especially weekend nights. Quick Check on Leesville was a 5-10 min wait, Hess on cedar Swamp short line as well--

My son just waited in line at WaWa the line was long but it only took 10 mins. The WaWa on East Vets in Jackson, same place the suspected shooting was last night. I got gas at Lukoil on Rt 70 in Brick and it took me 20 mins. The lines are long but they move pretty quick. So just pick one and wait.

Well, I started this storm with about 150 gallons of gas. We went to Lehigh today to do some shot gunning, stopped at Grumpys, then waited 1 minute at Exxon to fill the car up.

Lots of people got caught with their pants down on this one.

My generator ran from 6:00 PM on Monday until I got power back yesterday afternoon.

Had 3 bottles of propane for the grill.

And most of my local PD knows I have more guns and ammo than they do so they knew I would be safe. ;)

Had PLENTY of food. Was a little boring, but we were fine. My business on the otherhand didn't fare so well, but that's why I pay so much for insurance.

I drove up over High Point to Matamoras PA and skipped the first station off of 84 and the next one had one car in front of me. Filled up the car and two cans. I burned up a gallon to get it and it took about an hour round trip but at least it wasn't 4 hours of frustration.

Waited in line yesterday for 4 hours at Exxon in Morristown. My sister was 6 cars back and they ran out right before her.

She's still in need of gas. Anyone have any tips on gas in the Morristown area?

Hope everyone is making it okay. Thanks

Find a Costco, they are getting deliveries around the clock. They also have the lines very well planned so that no one can cut through the store parking lot and cut in line.

Find a Costco, they are getting deliveries around the clock. They also have the lines very well planned so that no one can cut through the store parking lot and cut in line.

How long is the wait?

Does anybody know is the Pennsylvania gas stations off or Route 80 are open 24 hours? I may go late night tonight.. but if i get out there and they are closed i'm am royally F-ed. Because i'm pretty much committing my gas to that drive.. probably wouldnt make it back. Its 1 hour drive one way..

And why would people in flanders wait in long lines they are so close to PA??

Does anybody know is the Pennsylvania gas stations off or Route 80 are open 24 hours? I may go late night tonight.. but if i get out there and they are closed i'm am royally F-ed. Because i'm pretty much committing my gas to that drive.. probably wouldnt make it back. Its 1 hour drive one way..

And why would people in flanders wait in long lines they are so close to PA??

Im in Flanders also and no way was I waiting in those lines there is a Exxon off Rt80 I believe its exit 308 that is 24 hrs and there is a shell off exit 305 thats open 24 hrs I went to the shell last night

Browns mills and pemberton- NO LINES. wawa on 37 east in Toms River 10 minute wait. Still no mail in Toms River- since last saturday! Barrier Islands are F^%CKED!!! Chris, I understand you are an aspiring artist! a little birdie told me!

Found a place that's out of gas but has diesel. I pulled, in filled up and drove out. He's confident that diesel won't be a problem and directed me to use a particular entrance to go direct to the diesel pumps.

My company was providing gas to it's employees for the past two days via gas tanker....And now of course, douche bags took advantage by bringing their spouses and neighbors cars to fill up.

discontinued. people suck

How'd they get the tanker? My partners and I considered getting one for our folks but couldn't figure out how to go about it.

If you look on Twitter at #njgas you can get up to date info about where people are filling up and what the wait is. You don't need a twitter account to read, just to post.

In Secaucus (Rt 3), the Hess has a 1-2 hour long line, the Exxon had a 10 minute long line but has now grown to about 35-40 minutes. Accepts cash and credit.

About 30%-40% of the cars were being told to leave the line by the LEOs due to having EVEN number license plates.

Overall no major dramas that I saw.

TheWombat

Yesterday, I drove out past Easton to the WaWa at the corner of 33 and PA-248 almost to Nazareth and had a 15min wait.

I was there at 0515 and yesterday and pulled right up and got my gas. Went in to buy coffee and came out and the place was mobbed. Took me 10 minutes to get out of the parking lot.Today it looked better.