Malsua

Obtaining Gasoline

Driving from Secaucus to RTSP via rt 46/rt 10.. About 50% of the gas stations were closed - although unclear whether due to gas availability or electricity being out.

I drove around Clifton a bit yesterday evening - mostly Broad St/Allwood Rd/Rt 3 - and I would say it was close to 75% of gas stations closed. Based on the amount of lights I saw, almost all of them seemed to be closed due to lack of gas and not lack of power.

For what it's worth, up north the Vince Lombardi service plaza(on 95) will never run out of fuel and has 15-20 minute lines off rush. Basically after 9:30 and up to about 3pm you can get in and out pretty quick.

The lines are big but they have tons of pumps.

And there was me thinking gas crisis was over. Left the Secaucus office at 5pm today (Monday) and saw all the Secaucus gas stations were closed due to no fuel - this is 7 stations in total along the Route 3 corridor. Surprised as they all have electricity and some were open this morning.

I took it for granted that the gas situation was improving and by the time I left the office most, if not all, of the Secaucus stations would be open and restocked during the day.

It's not an issue as I have plenty of fuel - just surprising.

TheWombat

My son just waited in line at WaWa the line was long but it only took 10 mins. The WaWa on East Vets in Jackson, same place the suspected shooting was last night. I got gas at Lukoil on Rt 70 in Brick and it took me 20 mins. The lines are long but they move pretty quick. So just pick one and wait.

I gassed up there this morning, no lines.

I went through Englishtown, Old Bridge, Freehold, Jackson, Millstone, Jamesburg, East Brunswick and South River today., Not one station had more than 4 cars there, practically no lines. Looks like the BS is over, and I bet it was all due to people panicking. Same stations were still closed because they have no power.

I think it is panic.

Over past few days... the Costco deliveries were 3x more frequent than usual.

Anywhere south of 195, or exit 8 on the pike, there were no lines and all was business as usual.

You put out the word that gas lines... and now anyone with 3/4 of a tank NEEDS to fill up because of the panic.... as well the gobs of people who truly were unprepared and ran out of gas.

And there was me thinking gas crisis was over. Left the Secaucus office at 5pm today (Monday) and saw all the Secaucus gas stations were closed due to no fuel - this is 7 stations in total along the Route 3 corridor. Surprised as they all have electricity and some were open this morning.

How far down Rt 3 did you hop on? At about 5:15-5:20pm I drove by the BP on Rt 3W (right off of 495) and there were about 10 cars in line and it seemed to be moving well. I saw one more open station on 3 West around that time that had a relatively short line but I can't remember if it was the Hess near Harmon Cove or the Sunaco further west on 3.

Anywhere south of 195, or exit 8 on the pike, there were no lines and all was business as usual.

Yeah, because south of 195, 95% of the gas stations are open and North of there it drops to 25%. You guys in central jersey just aren't seeing what we see up here.

It is getting better, but on Saturday, for example, there was simply no where to get gas without waiting at least 90 minutes, if you could find a station open. I ended up driving to PA.

I think it is panic.

Over past few days... the Costco deliveries were 3x more frequent than usual.

You put out the word that gas lines... and now anyone with 3/4 of a tank NEEDS to fill up because of the panic.... as well the gobs of people who truly were unprepared and ran out of gas.

Easy to say......

Come on up to Morris / Sussex County...... see the 50+ people on line at the open gas stations waiting to fill their containers to power their generators ......

In the 12mi trip from Parsippany to Rockaway...... I pass station after station that is closed either from lack of power or out of gas......

Yeah, because south of 195, 95% of the gas stations are open and North of there it drops to 25%. You guys in central jersey just aren't seeing what we see up here.

This

I pass station after station that is closed either from lack of power or out of gas......

Plus this.

I think it is panic.

It's not. Things are genuinely different up here. Things seem to be getting better and better every day.. whether it's because most people filled up over the weekend or because more gas is starting to find it's way up here, I can't say. But, just because you're not experiencing it, doesn't mean it's not really happening.