I know that by law one can carry at home or their place of business if they own said place. Question is, at home does this include your property surrounding your home such as the front or back yard?

YES!

If you got to carry a gun around the yard it's time to move.

:facepalm:

I live in a very nice safe neighborhood and don't have to do it. The question is out of curiosity and law. Your response is not helpful, if you can't answer why even post.

You can, I do sometimes, mostly just keep everything very accessible in the house. The only time you might run into issue is if you fire a round and it goes off your property and does something you dont want on someone elses property lol.

Not true at all. I live in a very nice area but if your yard isn't fenced in you could have a stray dog or any animal try to attack you. I carry when i'm out doing work in my yard b/c you never know what you'll come back into your house to. Crime travels

Consider it practice for the day when Shall-Issue passes in New Jersey. It will come one day.

I don't personally feel the need to carry around the house, although I have done it when I've sold furniture on Craigslist and was waiting for people to come to my house.

If you want to do it for practice, do it. If you don't want to do it, then don't.

Presumably to a crime free zone. So wouldn't it just be easier to make his current property a crime free zone (maybe by posting signs or something) rather than moving all together? Seems like less of a hassle that way.

The beauty of CONCEALED carry is no one should see it. And yes, fully legal to CCW while on your own property, though I would be mindful of Twp Easements(IE, your property does not extend all the way to the curb).

Especially if someone from Craig"s is coming to your house. My Fav. is a ruger sp101 5 shot. Fits in the palm of my hand. A little stout for carry. But, I know it is there.

I've never carried before this week. At night, I've been carrying my Ruger P95 around the house. I felt the need to becuase we are running a generator, and I'm concerned it is like ringing the dinner bell for people desperate for fuel. No gas, no heat for my kids...I consider that life threatening.

I have only a crappy bulldog holster for OC. pretty chunky gun to carry concealed.

I OC around the house sometimes. Have the last few nights. Sometimes out in the yard as well, esp if i am walking around the property w/ the dog. I typically dont CCW at the house tho b.c i can OC.

OC is a Sig p229, CCW is a S&W M&P Shield

CCW in the house was not an every day occurrence but often enough, even though I always was in close proximity of one at the ready in very short order. Now that we are in the post storm phase and with no power and what may happen, I do have one on me at all times.

As far as I know only with the boundaries of the rental unit/apt/business and not an inch beyond that. Does not include common areas such as parking lot, hallways and the like.

BTW you have to be owner/co-owner of the business. Parents' business does not constitute ownership.

What if you live at home with one of your parents , can you carry on their house property if that's where you live

Yes.

BTW you have to be owner/co-owner of the business. Parents' business does not constitute ownership.

Nowhere in the statue does is say 'business owner'.

Yes.

Nowhere in the statue does is say 'business owner'.

This is from the NRA website on NJ Laws, It states a persons place of business owned or possessed by "him", you are right it doesnt say business owner directly but the business needs to be owned by the person possessing the firearm.

POSSESSION

It is unlawful to knowingly possess any handgun, including any antique handgun, without first having obtained a Permit to Carry, and it is unlawful to knowingly possess any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID), however, no Permit to Carry or FID is required:

• To keep or carry any firearm about a person’s place of business, residence, premises, or other land owned or possessed by him; a place of business shall be deemed a fixed location.

carrying about his place of business, residence, premises or other land owned or possessed by him

IMO, the above portion of the law can be interpreted different ways and will only be settled in a court of law.

This is from the NRA website on NJ Laws, It states a persons place of business owned or possessed by "him", you are right it doesnt say business owner directly but the business needs to be owned by the person possessing the firearm.

POSSESSION

It is unlawful to knowingly possess any handgun, including any antique handgun, without first having obtained a Permit to Carry, and it is unlawful to knowingly possess any rifle or shotgun without having first obtained a Firearms Purchaser Identification Card (FID), however, no Permit to Carry or FID is required:

• To keep or carry any firearm about a person’s place of business, residence, premises, or other land owned or possessed by him; a place of business shall be deemed a fixed location.

What the NRA website has to say means diddly squat unless they are saying what the statute says. Like I said, nowhere does it say 'business owner', so whether you do or do not have to own it is a topic of debate. Saying you HAVE to be an owner is a mere interpretation not yet substantiated clearly in law.