Downr@nge

Kane won the attorney general spot in PA and wants to close the "Florida loophole"

So the Kane lady won the PA Attorney General election. I'm sure you've seen her campaign commercial saying she vows to close the "Florida loophole." We all know there is no loophole. My question is, since Casey got reelected there, is it within his powers to veto or stop things that Kane tries to do, like closing this imaginary gun loophole?

We here in NJ often fantasize about crossing the Delaware to live in a "free" state, but I wonder just how close PA is to becoming as anti-2A a state as we are?

Would it really take all that much to put in place Draconian gun laws, such as the ones we deal with? With Rendel, anti-gun proponents in the PA state house and now this idiot, Kane, is it really that far-fetched to think that PA would go down the same path as we did?

The loophole is that if you were denied a CCW in PA you can apply for a FL CCW and still carry. That needs to be changed for obvious reasons. It would suck if they stopped rec FL CCWs altogether.

If you live in PA you should need a PA CCW, much like Florida. If you live in FL you need a FL CCW to carry there eventhough lots of other states CCWs are recognized there.

#1 Just because she wants something doesn't mean that she is going to get it.

#2. I think this just means PA residents getting Florida permits, not reciprocity in general.

We here in NJ often fantasize about crossing the Delaware to live in a "free" state, but I wonder just how close PA is to becoming as anti-2A a state as we are?

Would it really take all that much to put in place Draconian gun laws, such as the ones we deal with? With Rendel, anti-gun proponents in the PA state house and now this idiot, Kane, is it really that far-fetched to think that PA would go down the same path as we did?

as with all thing regarding the fall of western civilizations, it starts in the cities and on the coasts, and moves inward.

If I was able, I'd move. Arizona. Texas. Montana. PA isn't far enough.

She has the power to do it herself.

The loophole is that if you were denied a CCW in PA you can apply for a FL CCW and still carry.  That needs to be changed for obvious reasons.  It would suck if they stopped rec FL CCWs altogether.

If you live in PA you should need a PA CCW, much like Florida.  If you live in FL you need a FL CCW to carry there eventhough lots of other states CCWs are recognized there.

I disagree. Despite the lies in her campaign commercials, FL requirements are stricter than PAs. Why do you think an FL license has so many more reciprocal states than a PA license? Because they have stricter requirements.

So, why would somebody get denied in PA but get approved by FL? That's easy. Philly doesn't follow the law. They don't have any additional discretion or power, they just completely ignore the law and deny people for BS reasons such as parking tickets. They also illegally require all sorts of additional information, forms, notifications, that are not part of the state standardized application.

So the Kane lady won the PA Attorney General election. I'm sure you've seen her campaign commercial saying she vows to close the "Florida loophole." We all know there is no loophole. My question is, since Casey got reelected there, is it within his powers to veto or stop things that Kane tries to do, like closing this imaginary gun loophole?

Bob Casey is a US Senator. He has no veto power in PA. You're thinking of Tom Corbett (PA Governor), who was not up for re-election this time around.

The PA legislature has given the DA's office the duty to actively pursue reciprocal agreements with other states. If she tries to "close the loophole" and ends the reciprocal agreement with FL, and every other state with "looser" requirements than PA, she will be derelict in her duties and the legislature or the governor's office can act accordingly.

Bob Casey is a US Senator.  He has no veto power in PA.  You're thinking of Tom Corbett (PA Governor), who was not up for re-election this time around.

The PA legislature has given the DA's office the duty to actively pursue reciprocal agreements with other states.  If she tries to "close the loophole" and ends the reciprocal agreement with FL, and every other state with "looser" requirements than PA, she will be derelict in her duties and the legislature or the governor's office can act accordingly.

Oops, my bad. I forgot the other reason PA has less reciprocal states than FL. All of our AGs over the past 15 years have been derelict in their duties. Thanks for the reminder.

the reason it is lame is for someone like me.. that lives in PA but already has a valid FL CCW license... I have not gotten a PA one yet because I dont really NEED to.... the FL one is honored so why even bother..

I live in PA as well but got a PA LTCF as well as having my FL CCW. The main reasons:

1) You can carry in a state of emergency

2) You don't have to stay 1000' from a school.

I live about 750' from a school if you cut through the woods so I did not want to take a chance. Also, it took me 20 minutes and $20 to get the LCTF in PA. Also adds about 4-5 more states to compliment the FL CCW.