jruch87

1187 trouble

Was removing the trigger group from my 1187 today and the feed latch fell out. I'm all my experience with Remington shotguns I've never had this part come out and don't believe it's supposed to. Anyone know how to get it back in right?

No, it's not supposed to come out. The feed latch (really a cartridge stop) might slide inside the frame of the receiver in its machined recess when the trigger group is removed if its not staked properly at the rear. The feed latch is staked to the frame inside that recess at its rear. There is a cross pin hole at the rear of the feed latch that needs to be oriented with the trigger plate pin and this helps holds the feed latch in place and prevents fore and aft movement when the the trigger group is installed. If the hole isn't oriented with the pin hole to hold it in place, you won't be able to drift the pin back in place and you could push it out of the recess.

If it came out, you may be able to push it back in place.