Tactical Monkey

7-10 day EOTech Loaner?

Good Evening Guys/Gals....

Going to get straight to the post of the post - I'm hoping someone here in the NJGF community would be willing to help me out by loaning me an EOTech for 7-10 days. I'd like to try one (again) before I give too much thought to purchasing one, and put it through similiar paces as I have all my other optics (no drop tests, I promise :haha: ). I'd like to do these test side by side with my other optics, hence why having some extended time with it (more so than an hour at the range if we just met up) would be beneficial. A 552/3/7 model would be preferred, but I'd take a 512 or similar if I had the opportunity.

I have 24 positive transactions on the forum, and would be willing to give a cash deposit (returnable when I return the optic) as an additional sign of good faith. Sooner rather then later would be preferable, but obviously I'd be willing to work out a schedule that benefited both parties.

If there's anyone who might be interested in helping me out - feel free to either PM or reply and we can work something out. I understand it may be a long shot, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask. Thanks.

If you even think of buying an eoturd Im going to kick you in the nuts!

Well Shane, this is what happens when we don't talk firearms, I go and do something crazy! And I'm only borrowing one.... For now

I was shocked to see him even ask about the eotech. I thought you were both glass whores. lol

I have become a bit snobby about glass, I wonder who's to blame for that? Hint: See above ;)

I have a 516 you can borrow it allows a 1/3 co witness

Thanks for your generous offer Blizzard, but Maks has me covered.

So much hate... :)

I hesitate to ask, but here goes: What, exactly, makes an Eotech turd-like? I understand that some prefer Aimpoint or other optics, but it doesn't follow that Eotech is bad, does it? Just curious because I have one mounted on my AR and like it a lot, but then again I don't compete with it and I won't going into combat anytime soon.

Well, lets see. History of eotech issues. The unit seperating from the mount. Too short an auto shut off. Battery life(still not the best). Wandering zero, a whole heaping mess of ones that went out with incorrect cut in lens causing the dot to vanish off center, battery compartment contact issue, battery overheat issue, grainy sight pic, not divable..... big clunky, lack of mounting options compared to Aimpoint...

A few years back I performed the test TM is likely to do. The result you ask? For me in terms of time on the clock and accuracy, the difference was not measurable. My times and scores were pretty much identicle. As much as I hated the grainy reticle, when shooting against the clock, it didnt slow me down. If I pursued a more in depth test one may have edged out the other but at that point in my mind it was not enough to care about. So if performance was even, why take on any of the other liabilities of the Eotech. The battery life alone is enough to always send me down the aimpoint path.

Maks, I dont think either the Elcan, Scar or XCR have nearly the spotty history Eotech does... Hey some/many like them, use them, deploy with them. But I dont know whats wrong with those people :D

I like my Acog aalthough I have shot with an eotech and liked it.

When you're shooting with the ACOG - what are you using it for and out to what distance most often? I'm new to the ACOG world coming over from Iron Sights and need some advice for medium to close range engagements.

Just like anything, picking the right tool for the job is important. And there are a LOT of different model ACOG's! So I recomend defining what you want to do and then pick the ACOG that fits that role. Personally I dont care for any of the 4x ACOG's, the eye relief is just to short. All my optics including longe range precision scopes are all in QD mounts so I can reconfigure the rifle for whatever I am up to at the time. But most of the time you can find a TA33H-G on my 5.56 and a TA11H-G on my 308.