I just bought one from A-N-A last week. It's a fun shooter but not terribly accurate. I kept 10 shots in a paper plate at 100 yds but no groups with the iron sights. The dust cover is wabbly though, not good for any kind of optic. The factory mags are very expensive but I found that Wasr 10 single stack mags work good and I found them online for about $7 a piece. Good luckIMAG0338.jpg

I bought two of these bad boys in Summer of 2010, kept one as a 60th bday present for the old man... These are top quality AK rifles without top notch prices.. While I know Arsenal and Vepr are the big boy names to show off, a PAP from the Zastava Arms factory is every bit the manufacturing and workmanship just not the attractive level as a whole... But at the time they were like what, $400-$450ish, literally half price so how could you beat it?

Now they are imported on a large scale via Century and they did two smart things- make them high capacity conversions AND do the wood beautiful wood furniture- now they are considered premium and largely known on big websites and owners popping up across the country showing them off.

And a little birdie told me Krebs is working on a deal to contract for a large quantity of Zastava PAPs for making the next Krebs Custom AK rifle a Krebs Zastava...and I am on the list waiting for one.

I have a PAP ond love it. I disagree with opening up the mag well. To open it up for only 5 more rounds seems pointless to me. Plus you then have to find 15rd mags which might be more labor intensive then just buying 10rd mags online. All in all I love it though it never jams and its a ton of fun to shoot.

I saw the "prototype" Krebs Zastava ... I believe they are using the PAP and called it the Krebs Zastava M70 .. .it has a shortened barrel, with that barrel compensating doohickey that the shortened AK74SU type pistol uses... In addtion they completely reinforced the top cover so the rail is now big time usable, installed a contoured pistol grip and Magpul CTR stock, and really Krebs'd it all up.. really awesome what they did but not for purists i would surmise.

And if you are saying you plan on finding more single stack 10 round mags ,let me know how it goes, I have been looking for 3 years now.

Yeah I had talked to EAA in summer 2010 when I bought the PAPs, they were *TERRIBLE* to me.. I often say how CMO is repeatedly rude to me and 70-80% of the staff if not more , very few of the people are nice. When I called EAA two or three times, they were so bad on the phone, they were CURSING at me... "What the F**( DONT you understand?? THERE IS NO WOOD STOCK MODELS IMPORTED INTO AMERICA AND NO WAY TO GET A SET!" "ARE ALL THE PEOPLE IN JERSEY SO STUPID OR JUST YOU?? DIDNT WE TELL YOU LAST WEEK YOU COULD NOT GET THAT WOOD SET?!" another time I asked about the magazines, "Are you in fact not realizing you just admitted to findin the magazines for sale on our website and asking where to find them, or are you confused or something? We DO have them, they are (at the time ) like $45 a piece. Please think before you call and try not to bother us with redundant questions".

I could not believe it. I went on Zastava Arms's websites and translated to English, they had (at the timeat least) several email addresses including one for the

Director or CEO or something like that. So I emailed them telling him how bad I wanted and needed a wood stock thumbhole furniture set for my PAP, which I bought for a 60th bday for my retired cop father and he really preferred the wood etc. it was very important to me. I then explained how impossible it was for me to find one and how EAA was so terrible to me etc. and I had already bought two PAPs and just needed some help.." In a week they wrote back, VERY NICE words, how terrible it was to suffer that treatment, how the Director guy has issued orders to the Director of Marketing to have his people send me a wooden thumbhole set and gift package (accessories or mags or cleaning kit I was assuming)( free of charge and expect another email soon with details how they want to send me the stuff from Serbia. ... And sure as sugar never again did I hear from them, and they never again answered the 3 emails I sent later in 2010 and two maybe in 2011 and MAYBE I sent one in 2012, never again did I get an answer.

It just sucks that this thing has one magazine source basically, a magazine style no one wants everyone hates, and the only way to get one is pay 50 bucks from the import company making all the money. And in 2010 when ppl realized the single stack wasr surplus mags worked, I saw them flying off the internet ,one guy said he sold all he had to a "big time known firearms store website" online and they orderd" as many as he could get his hands on, thousands if I could" t obuy all available on the market and there would be no more availabe. when I bought my post-surgical gift of a 5.56 AR Bushmaster from PK90 in late 2010, he had some magazines in a box, we looked thru and we found 3 magazines we thought would work in a PAP. I bought all 3, one of which didn't work at all, which wound up just giving away to someone, the other two worked, one was a single stack 10 rd WASR mag, one was a wierd metal surplus magazine that held 9 round tightly and works but is the last option you'd ever want to use.i

If someone like MidwestPX etc. found a solution to the PAP problem, like someone making a new , synthetic magazine in 15 rounds (or even 10) single stack 7.62x39mm for the PAP, they would corner the market and probably find a market acros the country to the PAP owners. if they were reasonably priced, cheaper the better of course, guys like me would buy them 10 at a time ,even 20 or so. When I get my next 7.62x39mm , I plan on buying some 30 rd. mags from Mississippi AUto Arms, they have 30 rd Tapco's for $8.99, + $4 bucks for a limiter to 10 rds, so what is that $13 bucks? I plan on buying somewhere between 10 and 20 of these, perhaps 15 but maybe just go ahead and get 20. Compare this with SGM Tactical $26.95 for a standard saiga non-convert 15 rd'er, $30 bucks for a factory 10 rd'er, Nd who knows how much on other websites... So I am perfectly happy with the PAP, but the Mags are achillies heel. Say there was a 15 round reliable, synthetic (or metal who cares) made mag by Midwest PX for example, I am pretty sure with a teeny bit of marketing to get the word out, the PAP owners would come out of the woodwork to rally around the product and make it worth the while big time.