david8613

utas uts 15 vs keltec ksg

lookin to pick up one of these high capacity shot guns, what are your thoughts on either. I'm really leaning towards the utas, I like the way she has top loading and automatic barrel switching, but I kind of like the ksg's smaller size... please keep the discussion positive, and I know, I know the remington 870/mossberg 500 is better for home defense, this will not be for home defense more of a fun range gun...

Really depends on how much your willing to pay. I was fondling a UTAS UTS about 2 weeks ago and it was really nice, kinda boxy but it has rails to tacticool it out some. Also it has the integrated flashlight/laser holder with a switch by the trigger. The only real downside to it was the price tag 1200. For a fun range gun their both eye catchers and really dpends on how much your willing to spend. I'll look for the video to add to here from youtube UTAS vs KSG, the video was one sided and really on showed the UTAS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLijAxouVI

KSG's are a myth in my opinion. I have yet to see one outside in the real world. They are rationed to youtube personalities and "law enforcement professionals". I question Kel Tecs quality and manufacturing abilities. Why can't they make enough of these things to get them in the hands of real world users. At this point They both go for $1200+ on gun broker and you have to be sure to pick up a newer model so you don't get the first version with all the problems. But we have no way of knowing if they really fixed it because the majority of the public cant get our hands on them for a reasonable price. So ask your self, Is it cool because it is a useful firearm or because it is a rare find.

I would go with the UTAS.

just read a review and they stated the KSG has an issue with short stroking it. once its jammed, u need a screwdriver or something to clear it. they recc a rem 870 for HD instead. the UTAS was not included in the review, just 870 vs KSG. (they called it a KSD, not G)

I agree, I was looking on the utas site and notice they mention multiple paint jobs but I only see 2 others besides black, a tan digicamo, and a woodland look, but they mention a black blue gray digicamo and another one but they don't show a pic of it anyone see the other colors?

I have been on the bullpup forums since utas doesn't have a dedicated forum yet, it looks like they have worked out any problems they had and plus customer service seems excellent with very quick turn around if something is wrong, I called utas today they picked up quickly no waiting! I asked a bunch of questions, and they were all answered... the only real problem I heard they had was the forearm cracking, but they reformulated the composite so it is stronger, the ksg had a similar problem and solved it the same way. some questions I asked...

what's delivery time like? 4 to 6 weeks.

what colors are available? only black now, in a few months the all digi camo colors will be available.

is the grip a standard ar grip that could be changed out? yes.

when will the laser light combo be available? dec 10, 2012

has the problem with fore arm composite breaking fixed? yes new formula it is much stronger now.

how are sales? very very good!

Glad I waited then. Was going to order one prior to the storm. But I want the Military version which is nothing more than all the bells and whistles included. Didn't know they weren't all ready for release yet. They need to make their site more informative. So next spring looks more realistic for me...

I have been on the bullpup forums since utas doesn't have a dedicated forum yet, it looks like they have worked out any problems they had and plus customer service seems excellent with very quick turn around if something is wrong, I called utas today they picked up quickly no waiting! I asked a bunch of questions, and they were all answered... the only real problem I heard they had was the forearm cracking, but they reformulated the composite so it is stronger, the ksg had a similar problem and solved it the same way. some questions I asked...

what's delivery time like? 4 to 6 weeks.

what colors are available? only black now, in a few months the all digi camo colors will be available.

is the grip a standard ar grip that could be changed out? yes.

when will the laser light combo be available? dec 10, 2012

has the problem with fore arm composite breaking fixed? yes new formula it is much stronger now.

how are sales? very very good!

Why the hell do you want to take a perfectly good shotgun (the 870) and ruin it by making it an uncomfortable, unloadable, unweildy and ugly gun?

And why does everyone think Bulpups are the beez kneez? They suck

Why the hell do you want to take a perfectly good shotgun (the 870) and ruin it by making it an uncomfortable, unloadable, unweildy and ugly gun?

And why does everyone think Bulpups are the beez kneez? They suck

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Lmao, another KH fan.... Gotta love that crew.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?

Sent from John's iPad 2 via Tapatalk HD

Typos courtesy Apple...

I knew ray ray couldn't resist! it's cool, I understand ray the 870 is tried and true, that's why I asked to keep it positive before this thread goes downhill... but i gotta say sometimes new tech is cool, I bet back in the day cap and ball users were saying the same thing when cartridges came into the seen, or when the first cars came out, horse and buggy users were like "why would anyone want to go faster!" i can easily see this style of shot gun being used by military, and police in an urban environment, with a few small changes probably jungles, deserts or were ever... when it comes to fire power more is better that's why I like the utas and ksg...