Sign in to follow this  
NicePants

Aftermarket wood grips

Hey all. So, I picked up a GP100 off the marketplace recently. The stock rubber hogue grips are good, they feel nice and help with the recoil and all, but the finger groove placement is a little weird for me. I'd like to get something similar to the old 60s/70s coke grips that were on S&W's revolvers. Been looking at a few places like Hogue and Eagle grips (the Eagle heritage grips are about perfect aesthetically, but from what I see they only make those for S&W revolvers). Just wondering if anyone here has any suggestions. Thanks!

The finger groves on the stock rubber houges are a problem for alot of people, including myself.

Some people will grind the grooves out smooth with a dremel or the like.

If you want to pick up a set of wooden, I personal perfer the fingerless big butt grips, getgrip.com has alot of options to check out

Thanks guys. I've actually been looking at hogue's selection of wood grips and they seem to have a lot of great choices without the finger grooves. Now I only have to worry about what sort of wood to pick. I do like the look of deep rosewood on a blued gun. :D