Sign in to follow this  
jamesbod

Any recommendations on an AR style 9mm carbine?

Not an AR per se, but very AR like, check out the JR Carbine. It's ambidextrous, lots of AR accesories will work with it, and there are caliber conversion kits for it. It's also quite accurate. It's also much more substantial feeling than a High Point or probably a Kel Tec. I've gotten many positive comments at the range. If you're near Sussex County and want to check it out, PM me.

I believe NJGF user freejersey has a 9mm AR.

Yes he does.

I went with the DDLES 9mm Glock lower and pieced together an upper from parts from JSE Surplus. I had it out for knockdown steel last week and it ran really well except for the bolt hold open function. I have been having trouble adjusting that feature so I removed it. JonF has the same lower and has not had any trouble with the bolt hold open. Even with the issue I have been having, I am really enjoying this AR. Cheap and easily available Glock G19 mags make it all worth it.

http://njgunforums.c...__fromsearch__1

I have also seen quite a few guys shooting the Olympic Arms K9-GL, also seems to run really well and uses Glock mags.

I have a spikes complete upper and ordered DDLES lower for glock mags. Should be here next week. I think it will be a great AR platform.

If the hold open doesn't work it's probably because the bolt needs machining.