mipafox

Fat People on the Plane

I have to agree airplane seats are getting smaller. Im by no means fat I am 6' 225 and if there is another adult male next to me the same size we are basically cuddling. I remember flying years ago being the same size and not having the dis comfort issues

When I was fat I probably hit 235 at 5'10".  There is no doubt the seats are way too small.  But if I kept my arms to myself I did not flow over at that weight.  I'm talking about like Chris Christie MF'ers.So fat that I suffer Time Dilation from their gravity and show up at my destination two hours early.  But it's like a million years in Fat Years.

The obvious solution is just have people over a certain size buy 2 tickets. Problem solved.

Obviously the Airlines should charge them more. The additional weight puts more stress on the seats, plus all the soda and snacks they consume causes the seats to fall out, causing catastrophic failure.

Sit all the way up front or in the very back, stay away from the wing area. They try to sit the fat shit's on the balance point because of arm & moments, the stability calculation for aircraft. Too many fat shits on one side also throws off the longitudinal stability, causing the pilot to have to trim one wing which burns more fuel. They also tend to screw up airport bathrooms because they shit like elephants and sometimes have to push their waste down with a stick.

Wow. I must say that I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of disrespect being shown just because of someone being overweight. I wonder want the tone of the topic might be if I started a thread about black people sitting next to me or maybe some gay guy that had the nerve to book a seat next to me or don't forget that Catholic that may sit next to me trying to convert me by wishing me a blessed day or ...................

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Wow. I must say that I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of disrespect being shown just because of someone being overweight. I wonder want the tone of the topic might be if I started a thread about black people sitting next to me or maybe some gay guy that had the nerve to book a seat next to me or don't forget that Catholic that may sit next to me trying to convert me by wishing me a blessed day or ...................

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

What if he was fat, black and gay. Head explosion...lol

Wait wait wait... we need some hate on the short skinny no a$$ed pocket people too.

Look, I occupy all of my seat and none of anyone elses. If you're gonna sit me next to Walter Hudson, then I'm going to be bitching BEFORE the plane leaves the gate. I mean, it's not fair, why should I be afforded a special cushion in the event of a crash and no one else gets one?

I've got a 18 hour flight ahead of me on Friday and regardless of how overweight my seat mate is,2 Ambians and a double Dewars on the rocks will pretty much even the field. I generally notify my seatmates of my impending state of catatonia,offer them the opportunity to either change seats or get to the head now and then fall asleep.

Most has made appropriate arrangements and I usually remain undisturbed. Try it sometime......

i'm fat. luckily i never get stuck next to other fat people :D

actually i normally sit there with my arms uncomfortably crossed so as not to encroach on others space. also i always pick an aisle seat. smelly people are worse.

funny thing is i've actually lost weight. about 40-50lbs and am continuing to gradually lose more, but the last time i flew continental, the seats seemed to be tighter than when i was 330lbs

Yeah, but even in the cheap seats these days, there's movies, video games and you eat 3 or 4 times on the really long flights. Carriers do make a difference, I prefer never to fly a US flagged carrier overseas. BA, Virgin, Emirates, Cathay Pacific. Lufthansa and KLM sux, actually

18 hours on a commercial plane? Shoot me. I once had a 19.5 hour flight, but had a full size blow up mattress. Even with ambien I'm not sure I'd make 18 hours in a tiny seat.

As hydro said I think he is making a valid point. It throws the balance of the plane off. Also when the pilot has to increase power to that engine(s) causes the plane to burn more fuel. More fuel means more money. More money the skinny guy is paying for. Think about this if the guy is sitting in a aisle seat and you have to evacuate the plane you screwed. It's going to take him longer to move and slow u down

As hydro said I think he is making a valid point. It throws the balance of the plane off. Also when the pilot has to increase power to that engine(s) causes the plane to burn more fuel. More fuel means more money. More money the skinny guy is paying for. Think about this if the guy is sitting in a aisle seat and you have to evacuate the plane you screwed. It's going to take him longer to move and slow u down

Ha, you realize that what he posted was a joke, right? How do you think they know your weight when you book your seat? Oh, I suppose they arrange the luggage by weight as well so that they set the trim properly.

Yeah, but even in the cheap seats these days, there's movies, video games and you eat 3 or 4 times on the really long flights. Carriers do make a difference, I prefer never to fly a US flagged carrier overseas. BA, Virgin, Emirates, Cathay Pacific. Lufthansa and KLM sux, actually

I'm flying Cathay,and love it. Excellent service,food,seats and entertainment so 18+ hours is not as bad as it sounds.

Ha, you realize that what he posted was a joke, right? How do you think they know your weight when you book your seat? Oh, I suppose they arrange the luggage by weight as well so that they set the trim properly.

I was actually on a flight from Phoenix to Yuma where they did rearrange passengers to balance weight. Never saw that before or since but it scared the hell out of me. It was like a 30-40 passenger plane.

It would'nt bother me if a black or gay man sat next to me. I wouldn't want some smelly hippie there though. They can't afford a plane ticket anyway so it's a non issue. I won't allow a gay bartender to put a lime in my Corona. I'll order another brand.

For Large and Heavy A/C customers when planning Weight and Balance are an assumed weight and each bag is also an assumed weight, the Bag weights will be adjusted for some markets. Load plan and seating especially on some A/C can be critical, but his is for takeoff and landing's, In flight it's a non issue.

I was actually on a flight from Phoenix to Yuma where they did rearrange passengers to balance weight. Never saw that before or since but it scared the hell out of me. It was like a 30-40 passenger plane.

that was just to get the A/C into CG (Center of Gravity) specs for takeoff and landing, nothing to be worried about.