FocuzMan

New member from Keyport, NJ

Hello all, i am a new member to the NJGF and hopefully gettin my ID card and P2P in the next coming weeks. I have waited 4 months already and no responce from the detective in charge of my app. No returned phone messages and seems to never be there when i stop by the PD, Kinda frustrating. I was hoping to get some goodies for Xmas.

Any advice would be helpful

Thanks in advance

J

Welcome. 4 months and counting for you doesn't bode well for me. I'm waiting in Keyport a little over a month as of today. Have had no contact with the PD since dropping off forms late October. Please keep me posted if you hear anything about your paperwork, I'll do the same.

Left another message today. I'm pretty sure it's getting brushed aside, again. What to do? Call the state police Firearms investigations? I don't j ow anymore. Just got into a car accident, so my gun money is going to the deductible. My luck I'll get a callback to pick up. Just how my luck works.

Went today to speak to Det. In charge, and what do u know? She wasn't there. I told them that I wanted to speak to some one now, then this other Det. Comes out trying to grill me on how busy they are and that SP never gets anything back it 30 days. He's like "it takes 90 days". So I said its been 5 months. He was like "Oh, ummm ok. Give me ur info and I'll have her call you in the morning when she gets in." IMHO it's more bull shit. I'll stop by tomorrow afternoon if she doesn't call by then.

Just do ur job, it can't be that "busy". Don't use Sandy as an excuse either. I filed way before it was even an issue.

Keep on them bro, I just purchased my first handgun and was told that my permits were extended already! Those lazy bastards lied to me and let my paperwork sit and rot on the desk. It was all done since 8/30 and they renewed it on 12/12 when I picked it up. All the times I stopped there to check on the status, they were sitting ready for me. I am so glad I am selling my house and moving out of town. Stay on them, even if u stop by once a week. Apparently the phone calls don't mean shit.

Three P2P submittals over the last three years from the Bayonne P.D., and not once did they ever call to let me know they were ready for pickup. Not only that, they brazenly lied and said they either: A) Called, but no one answered, or B) Left a message. In both cases they were full of crap. Best was when they said a detective in a car had COME TO MY HOUSE to drop them off. When I bluffed the guy on the phone, telling him I'll check the vid from my porch security camera, he stammered, "Well, maybe it wasn't YOUR house, but they tried to drop somebody's off". Pure garbage.

Last time around I got the same nonsense, a four month wait and then the lie that they had tried to contact me. When I finally got them they were signed eight days prior. Lost precious time on my permits because they plain just don't give a crap. I find that applies to most P.D.'s in this state.

Keep on them bro, I just purchased my first handgun and was told that my permits were extended already! Those lazy bastards lied to me and let my paperwork sit and rot on the desk. It was all done since 8/30 and they renewed it on 12/12 when I picked it up. All the times I stopped there to check on the status, they were sitting ready for me. I am so glad I am selling my house and moving out of town. Stay on them, even if u stop by once a week. Apparently the phone calls don't mean shit.

So does that mean that you couldn't get an extension on them if you wanted to, as it was already done once? That is insane that they have been there since August. How long was it from your application date to 8/30? I might stop in there sometime the end of this week, see if I can't talk to one of the detectives face to face. I only put in for one permit at the time and now am regretting that, maybe when I do I'll see if there is anyway they can change it to two, or at the very least start the paperwork for a second permit.

yeah, no extention for me, as they are used already. good thing for an understanding wife. she will allow me to get another pistol so i dont lose out. i di have a plan for getting one in spring, but now it will be before valentines day.

My app date was 7/20, so they just sat on it after it was ready.