JTQ911

Got a carry permit!

In PA. Today for the first time I tasted freedom. I walked in to the sheriffs office at 830. At 831 I was helped. At 837 I walked out with a license to carry. Cost was 20 dollars. Thumbs up to Sherriff Duke Donelly

Resident. I escaped earlier this month. I had started to become numb to nj insanity being around like minded people all the time. On the way back to my car I was so happy that it took so little time today but driving home I actually got angry re realizing how nj had robbed me of my god given rights for so long. Now it's time to go get a real ccw gun...... With no ppp requirements! Any suggestions?

Resident. I escaped earlier this month. I had started to become numb to nj insanity being around like minded people all the time. On the way back to my car I was so happy that it took so little time today but driving home I actually got angry re realizing how nj had robbed me of my god given rights for so long. Now it's time to go get a real ccw gun...... With no ppp requirements! Any suggestions?

Lol, well congrats on 2 fronts.

As for suggestions, far to many choices, what don't you own already and what do you want, I'd start there.

Any suggestions?

What are your criteria? Do you want a pocket gun or a full size caliber that's easy to conceal and a little hard to shoot or do you want a full size that's harder to conceal but easier to shoot? Do you have a minimum caliber requirement?

As a deep backup, only SHTF last resort gun, I would recommend a NAA mini, I would probably recommend the 22mag version though.

As a pocket gun, you can't go wrong with a Ruger LCP, a Keltec P3AT, or something similar along those lines

As a thin compact full size you can look at the Ruger LC9, Walther PPS, Springfield XD-S

A thick compact full size (double stack) would include any variant of the Glock or Springfield XD or S&W M&P series in any of the offered calibers

Then you could always try to conceal a full size gun, ie a 1911.

This list is not all inclusive nor is it meant to leave out any of your "pet" manufacturers

I have a few quality holsters for my 1911s and sig 228 but I realized that with warmer weather, these might be harder for me to conceal. My minimum caliber is 9mm. I don't want to go much larger than glock 19 size and prefer manual safety.

I've been so addicted with full size 1911s the last few years I don't know what good options are out there

This isn't right...they honor FL held by NJ residents. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The original question, quite clearly was whether an NJ resident can be issued a PA Non-resident permit to which my answer was correct.

Your misunderstanding of the question is correct though, a holder of a non-resident Florida carry permit can carry in PA.

I really think that they need to start running those RIF commercials from the 70's and 80's again.

i dont think PA gives non-resident permits. doesnt matter either way, since they honor almost every other state permit

Yes they do. http://www.pafoa.org/law/carrying-firearms/concealed-carry/non-residents

Many "free states" issue resident ccw permits within a few minutes, but I never heard of a non-resident permit being approved that quickly....that's why I asked because I was curious.

Any known possible reliability issues with the shield? Looks like a good ccw gun. Read on m4carbine though that its really not that much smaller than mp9 compact. Anyone have both?

I have not heard of any issues with the shield. The big difference between the shield and M&P 9 is the thickness. Single stack vs a Double stack.

Personally, im a Glock guy. For me it's a G19 under a jacket in winter, a G26 IWB or a Ruger LCP in the pocket for summer. I have not jumped on the single stack 9mm bandwagon. Oh yeah, and not in NJ.....

I have not heard of any issues with the shield. The big difference between the shield and M&P 9 is the thickness. Single stack vs a Double stack.

Actually the shield has a staggered magazine which allows for an extra round.

Many "free states" issue resident ccw permits within a few minutes, but I never heard of a non-resident permit being approved that quickly....that's why I asked because I was curious.

all of my permits are non resident, and they were all issued relatively quickly and without hassle. both NH and CT were around 2 weeks. AZ took longer since theyve been getting a large amount of permits the past year. VA was also easy and within 2-3 weeks.

all of my permits are non resident, and they were all issued relatively quickly and without hassle. both NH and CT were around 2 weeks. AZ took longer since theyve been getting a large amount of permits the past year. VA was also easy and within 2-3 weeks.

I don't understand the point you are trying to make. Yes, my FL permit took ~26 days. My point was OP got his in SEVEN(7) MINUTES. Which is why I inquired about his resident status.

Went to Tanner's Sports Center outside of Doylestown PA...huge selection, probably 50 people at the counter on Friday. Place was swarmed. I asked about the shield and got laughed at (not rudely, but still laughed at). The waiting list is 30+ and 2 people in the store behind me were people on the list! I ended up walking out with an LC9. Anything smaller felt too small like I wouldn't be able to grip securely.

I still want to get my hands on either a Springfield EMP 9 or a HK P7M8. The Ruger LC9 though fits the bill. No failures in 300 rounds, and fits in my jacket pocket no problem. Went shopping today to the mall and the whole time had it in a pocket holster in my jacket. GF didn't know until after we got home and told her!

Makes me wonder how many other people in the mall/stores were doing exactly what I was doing.