jrfly3006

Ammo for 10/22

federal bulk pack, cci mini's stay away from remington thunderbolts although the ruger 10/22 wil probably run them fine..

-----------------------------THIS

----------------------------- AND THIS

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/search_catalog_command.cmd?fromProductSearch=true&item1=LHC%20-%20217964

If you are just plinking at the range having fun anything well do (cheapest bulk pack you can find). If you absolutely need it to function every time get higher quality stuff. The bulk will probably have a few miss-fires(maybe 5-10 in a box). But if you put them back in they will most likely go off as the primer sometimes doesn't get all the way around the rim.

I went on a mini mag kick when I first got heavy into .22s, but honestly I think federal bulk is the absolute best. They've worked amazing in all my 22s and are reasonably priced.

Mini mags always left everything " waxy ", which I didn't care for.

Another vote for Federal bulk. It's the best plinking ammo out there.

If you are really looking for consistency and uber-accuracy, there are a lot better choices. Wolf Match and Eley Tenex will make dime sized patterns at 50 yards out of a stock Savage Mark II (if I do my part). But they are both expensive and I'd rather shoot steel spinners or silhouettes, so they mostly stay in the ammo locker and the Federal bulk gets the nod.

Another vote for Federal bulk. It's the best plinking ammo out there.

If you are really looking for consistency and uber-accuracy, there are a lot better choices. Wolf Match and Eley Tenex will make dime sized patterns at 50 yards out of a stock Savage Mark II (if I do my part). But they are both expensive and I'd rather shoot steel spinners or silhouettes, so they mostly stay in the ammo locker and the Federal bulk gets the nod.

The wolf match you have is it extremely lubed. I bought some and could not get it to function well in my ruger mkii because it had so much lube in it and that gun is line tr 10/22 it eats everything even Remington bulk

I bought several boxes of the Remington Bulk, and there is not one gun I have that likes them. MULTIPLE MULTIPLE MULTIPLE misfires. maybe a bad lot, but cant wait to finish them off, and start fresh... Will have to look into the Federal for Plinking....

Seems the consensus here was to avoid the Rem stuff so I picked up the Federal 525 rd pack from sportsmans guide...I'll give it a try when I get it..thanks to all for your input..now on to getting that M1 carbine look alike stock......

Please post pictures when it's done! ;)

Just got a Ruger 10/22 and its my first .22LR..just looking for suggestions for ammo..what works well..what to avoid..or if it doesnt matter..just gonna be doing <50yds plinking..thanks all ..Happy Thanksgiving..

I like the bulk-pack Blazer.

Said it before, will say it again:

$T2eC16NHJIIE9qTYI1gCBQ!djUDphQ~~60_35.JPG

=

mr-yuck-sticker.jpg

These seem to work well ONLY with the Advantage Arms Glock .22LR conversion kit.

Apparently I am the only person on Earth who has not had a boatload of issues with the Remington Golden Bullets. Sure, there are the occasional FTFs, but I expect dirt cheap ammo to not have the same quality or quality control as centerfire rounds, or .22s that cost 2/3 as much for 1/5 the rounds... I had two boxes of Federal that failed to fire multiple shots per mag, but that was a bad batch and I am happy with other Federal bulk packs now...

My semi autos seem to like anything I feed them that shoots over 1100fps. I would suggest buying 50 and 100 packs of different ammo types and see how your gun likes them...

I shot 1,000 or so and did not have a "Golden Bullet" fail to fire even once, in several different firearms of all kinds, but I haven't used any in about five years so can't speak to the quality now. I don't shoot them now only because I prefer to use low velocity ammo.

I have found that my 10/22 occasionally will not cycle with the low velocity Aquila "Match" rounds (which I don't much like anyway). Otherwise it has never had a problem.

Apparently I am the only person on Earth who has not had a boatload of issues with the Remington Golden Bullets. Sure, there are the occasional FTFs, but I expect dirt cheap ammo to not have the same quality or quality control as centerfire rounds, or .22s that cost 2/3 as much for 1/5 the rounds... I had two boxes of Federal that failed to fire multiple shots per mag, but that was a bad batch and I am happy with other Federal bulk packs now...

My semi autos seem to like anything I feed them that shoots over 1100fps. I would suggest buying 50 and 100 packs of different ammo types and see how your gun likes them...

I've bought bulk packs of Federal for less $$ than those Remington Golden Bullshits. I've yet to have ANY ftf with the Federals at all. One of the salesman that used to visit us had a saying on his faxes "Some people are willing to pay less for Oats that have been through the horse"