hd2000fxdl

For you Motorcycle Folks

Crash @0:51.....WTF!!!!!

Yea, that one brought back a memory or 2. I can and will say sliding is the way to go, it the occasional bounce and from personal experience SPLITS, never could remember being able to do them, and reconfirmed I can't back in 2008 doing about 70 in eastern Ohio on my way back from a weeked party out in Colorado.. LOL

So, this summer my client tells me "I'm heading to Ireland for a story, need a cut". Ok, cool. No problem. He comes in and proceeds to tell me he's heading over there for some race, kinda obscure, off the coast of Ireland. He's NOT excited.

I almost wanted to shoot him.

So friggin jealous. If he wasn't such a great guy I'd a been mighty pissed. I would give my left nut to go.

C

Yea it looks like a blast, I'd like to go the week before and may a 2 week trip out of it and do some riding around the 38 miles of road, nothing like they do at all, but still would like to push it a little.

That's one I'd like to make a big trip out of, and the other one is the Motorcycle Cruise, one where you bring your bike on the ship and hit a bunch of Islands and ride.

Also would like to check out the Riverboat one, it's a flat bottom boat ride down the Mississippi and during the day you can ride, leave the OL or have her ride with you, at night Bike's back on the boat and you eat and party and do it all over again for the whole trip.

Granted it's been almost 20 years since I raced*, but aren't those guys using speed dampeners to prevent wobble? Maybe they are just going too damned fast for the dampener to work? And I realize there is a low-speed trade off w. a tight dampener...

*Mostly motocross, hare scrambles and the occasional road track race. So I wasn't even coming close to the speeds those maniacs were. -

Granted it's been almost 20 years since I raced*, but aren't those guys using speed dampeners to prevent wobble? Maybe they are just going too damned fast for the dampener to work? And I realize there is a low-speed trade off w. a tight dampener...

*Mostly motocross, hare scrambles and the occasional road track race. So I wasn't even coming close to the speeds those maniacs were. -

There are speed dampeners on the front wheel, So when the front wheel or both come off the ground it doesn't matter, if the wheels don't line up... Instant tank slap. the dampeners are also speed sensitive.

does that mean to die?

These guys are fighting for there dream to win the isle of man TT, getting on a bike in general is dangerous, but you accept the risk.

go big or go home!

hell yeah!!

I used to race CCS & LRRS, was never fast enuff to make it to the big leagues. (i had to report to work on Mondays) I always wanted to get out to the Isle of Mann, but $$$ was always an issue. ONE day b4 I die, I will be a spectator with an upfront view, one day!