Tactical Turtle

obamas proposed banned list

Look how many people are using upside down American flags as their avatars on here...if Romney had won and Democrats did that you'd be all up in arms over it calling them unamerican or a disgrace. It's time to face the fact that he won...I'm not happy about it but in the end senseless quibbling over it does nothing to help. It's time we as a population set aside our minor differences and work towards restoring America to what the constitution framed it out to be before its too late. This forum is a great example...if someone has a liberal idea people start calling them libtards when in fact we're all on this forum for the same reason...to keep our 2nd amendment rights. Calling our brothers names gets us no where...maybe I'm being too idealistic I just think Americans, especially a lot of the people I've had the pleasure meeting on this forum, are better than that.

I never said he was pro-gun, I just know the guy isn't an idiot. He's got things higher up on his priority list and there's no way congress would pass severe anti-gun legislation. I trust the wolf over the wolf in sheep's clothing personally. The biggest issue we face as Americans is neither party is all that different. They take big corporation money and have refused to have the people's best interests in mind. There's a reason these parties like the population at odds with each other...it's a distraction so we don't see them screwing us until it is too late. Look at the last few presidents...none of them has done anything to help. Bush had the Patriot Act, Obama the NDAA...both are erosions of our civil rights yet people argue over party allegiance instead of looking at the bigger picture. Meanwhile the Republi-Crats laugh all the way to the bank.

No party allegiance here. I'm an Independent Conservative. If we had a true, viable Constitution Party, I'd probably give my allegiance to it.

No party allegiance here. I'm an Independent Conservative. If we had a true, viable Constitution Party, I'd probably give my allegiance to it.

The sad part is their are conservative third parties yet they're not allowed to debate. Did you watch the third party debate? They talked about issues the Repuli-Crats agreed not to debate...the election process has become the biggest joke in America.

i'm glad that this seems to be BS. But it wouldn't surprise me on any given day if something like this popped up and wasn't BS. The attitude of alot of people here regarding new possible gun legislation is, frankly, scary. As if control of the House is going to guarantee we have nothing to worry about for the next 4 years. With RINOs in the lead? Head in the sand anyone?

If it would truly surprise you that Obama would "try anything" regarding gun control, you're a fool. He's the most arrogant president in recent memory, signing executive orders for things he can't get passed legislatively. And don't let constitutional procedure bother you- he, and the supreme court, surely don't.

Oh no, I concern myself greatly with new gun legislation. What I'm getting sick of are people spreading bs like they are frikin paul revere announcing news that is months or years old without bothering to check anything. It does NOT help to argue lies. Period. Nobody seems to like it when the anti's do it, then you shouldn't do it yourself. There's no need to, there's plenty to talk about, it's just not as simple as "another AWB is coming".

I find this stuff especially annoying because I'm CERTAIN that at the very least, there will be a new ban bill or two submitted to committee under Obama's second term. How it goes in committee is going to be very telling of the party politics on the Democrat side of things. If badly written bills like the McCarthy one the uninformed wackadoodle shit stirring segment of is pushing around hits, and it gets out of committee, be very very afraid. IT likely won't pass with no grandfathering because it would cost a massive sum to compensate for property, but it means there would be legs for any more reasonable version and it will be VERY, VERY necessary to get the grass roots level lobbying of congressional reps going hard to hope to stop it. It would answer the question of "is it Obama's plank, or the Party's plank?"

How it goes in committee is going to be very telling of the party politics on the Democrat side of things.

I feel the opposite: how it does in committee will be very telling of party politics on the REPUBLICAN side of things, since the republican party is the full of RINOs, and ready to fold like a cheap camera at the drop of a hat, or so it seems. Reagan's conservative republican party is gone. The PEOPLE are still out there, but are no longer being represented by the GOP. This is exactly what was going on back then too- the republican party didn't WANT Reagan, didn't want to be conservative, fought him tooth and nail. Only got behind him after the popular support became overwhelming. In today's America, where the tax consumers are now outweighed by the tax payers (and I think that will only get worse), I'm not sure it's possible to "take back" the GOP. A 3rd, truly conservative party, might be the only answer.

I'm anti-political parties period (as George Washington was, and for the same reasons), but maybe a 3rd party IS the only way out... I mean, if Ross Perot could get 19% of the vote, why can't the Tea Party field a candidate that could get 34% - which is all it would take.

I went back and read them (instead of just what you quoted) and I see what you're saying (I had always heard it was ready to expire) but it doesn't change what he said, and the problem with Romney was he was known to flip flop between issues. He didn't make things "better" he actually increased the fees on gun licenses by 400% (sounds like infringement). My point in my original post is that people are looking for Obama to ban things when in his 4 years hasn't even touched gun rights...even in light of two highly publicized mass shootings that you know the anti's were ready to jump all over. Really Obama is smarter than that and he has a different agenda to worry about other than gun rights. I neither voted for Obama nor support him I just think people are reaching at straws. Complain about the other things he's done but as far as gun rights goes he hasn't done anything of the sort. Doesn't really make much of a difference in Jersey anyway as we still have an AWB that's not going anywhere...even with a Republican governor. Do you honestly think Christie who isn't pro-2A is going to change things if he gets elected president?

And that was the only part of what you said that I was correcting. I was not a Romney supporter, or even mildly enthusiastic about his candidacy. He was simply the lessor of two evils and had a better pool of judges to nominate from, which is the only reason I voted for him. There were plenty of reasons to be concerned about a Romney presidency, but it's better if we stick to the facts, like the license cost increase, rather than falsehoods which are better left to the anti-rights crowd.

The PEOPLE are still out there, but are no longer being represented by the GOP

Nope. The modern GOP is a complete abomination. The multi-billionaires who own the country managed to get in bed with mega-church leaders and get the poor, blue collar people they are screwing over to LOVE them because they "have values" or "take a stand" against abortion, etc.

It's amazing if it weren't so sickening.

Except the NRA has nothing to do with the idiot bloggers dredging up old news.

They could have non affiliates put out stories and blogs for them. But, that kind of thing probably never happens.

They could have non affiliates put out stories and blogs for them. But, that kind of thing probably never happens.

The NRA loves creating an echo chamber. Like the stupid UN small arms treaty crap they spewed without regard for the actual situation.

They don't really have a history of seeding pointless crap without their name attached. Their current AWB scare is that one simply must be coming. Just like this list has nothing to do with obama, this article has nothing to do with the NRA. If it were it would read more like ap press release than some shitty chain email letter threatening you with brand X flavored doom if you don't forward it.

I mean, if Ross Perot could get 19% of the vote, why can't the Tea Party field a candidate that could get 34% - which is all it would take.

That is not correct. That is not all it would take, according to the 12th Amendment to the US Constitution. You need to have a majority vote of the total, or >50%. If not, the House of Representative choose, again, needing a majority vote. Ironically, since that vote could again not end with a majority as they are picking from the top 3 still, whoever won as VPOTUS would become president.

Sorry, I'm ranting. People seem to know some parts of the Constitution well, but other parts not at all.

That is not correct. That is not all it would take, according to the 12th Amendment to the US Constitution. You need to have a majority vote of the total, or >50%. If not, the House of Representative choose, again, needing a majority vote. Ironically, since that vote could again not end with a majority as they are picking from the top 3 still, whoever won as VPOTUS would become president.

Sorry, I'm ranting. People seem to know some parts of the Constitution well, but other parts not at all.

Oh jeez- yeah I did NOT know that part! A 3rd party would be a complete disaster in that case... that's all we need, our government leaders choosing our government leaders.

MarkWVU02, I love the bumper stickers. That's exactly what I thought of the last election.

It's unfortunate that a third party vote only results into nothing, and the status quo is maintained. The most realisitic goal to aim for is getting Liberty/Constitution-minded Republicans into office. Anyone else agree?

It's unfortunate that a third party vote only results into nothing, and the status quo is maintained. The most realisitic goal to aim for is getting Liberty/Constitution-minded Republicans into office. Anyone else agree?

I don't. I think the GOP is a lost cause at this point. And they are going to make sure they stay that way- they've already made it clear the Tea Party is NOT welcome in the GOP.

Oh jeez- yeah I did NOT know that part! A 3rd party would be a complete disaster in that case... that's all we need, our government leaders choosing our government leaders.

Though the electoral college are not technically government officials (people holding some office), they might as well be. As you noted, Ross Perot received 19% one year, guess what percent of the Electorate he received? Yep, 0.

Though the electoral college are not technically government officials (people holding some office), they might as well be. As you noted, Ross Perot received 19% one year, guess what percent of the Electorate he received? Yep, 0.

So, the system is rigged- popular vote has become completely irrelevant. The government can "do" whatever they need to to get "their guy(s)" into power, despite what the people of America want. Do they WANT us to enact our 2nd Amendment rights or something? [no need to answer that, I know the answer]

So, the system is rigged- popular vote has become completely irrelevant. The government can "do" whatever they need to to get "their guy(s)" into power, despite what the people of America want. Do they WANT us to enact our 2nd Amendment rights or something? [no need to answer that, I know the answer]

I don't understand this gripe. Right wingers are quick to say "this is a republic, not a democracy" and in this case, they are correct.

For the record, I agree that the electoral college system is outdated. The system was created in a time when paper ballots had to be carried by horse and buggy. And also, the lines of the states and their totals, no longer reflect the actual demographic regions of the country. The results of this is an election that centers around a small handful of states on the demographic borders.

If you'd like some interesting reading, check out the "11 mega-regions" which are essentially, the "Real 11 states" that actually comprise the country.

MapofEmergingUSMegaregions.png

Look how many people are using upside down American flags as their avatars on here...if Romney had won and Democrats did that you'd be all up in arms over it calling them unamerican or a disgrace. It's time to face the fact that he won...I'm not happy about it but in the end senseless quibbling over it does nothing to help. It's time we as a population set aside our minor differences and work towards restoring America to what the constitution framed it out to be before its too late. This forum is a great example...if someone has a liberal idea people start calling them libtards when in fact we're all on this forum for the same reason...to keep our 2nd amendment rights. Calling our brothers names gets us no where...maybe I'm being too idealistic I just think Americans, especially a lot of the people I've had the pleasure meeting on this forum, are better than that.

I don't think this post got sufficient credit for its thoughtfulness.

I voted for Obama. If you are reading this, you probably didn't. That's ok. We have elections because it beats running out into the streets and killing each other over who should get power.

Thing is, I didn't vote for Obama because I'm an idiot or because I hate America or because I want a totalitarian communist facism. I voted for him for real reasons that reflect my priorities and analysis of what would be best for me and for the country. I bet you voted for someone else for the same reasons. That's ok. That's the whole point of having an election.

If you really like having guns so much, and would like the laws here in NJ to be less strict, maybe the way to accomplish that is not by verbally abusing the people who have the ability to help your cause, i.e. other voters. If you show people that you are prone to tirades and outbursts, I don't blame them for not wanting to give you a gun.