RHS

Shore Shot

Dont think it hurt them at all. Supposedly they were a little ticked off that some NJGF members walked in there feeling like they were entitled or something of that effect. (How it was conveyed to me, not my opinion). You know how it is, a couple assholes ruin it for everyone else... He mentioned something about someone wanting to shoot in front of a member that was already in line and some issue with the discount or something like that. Either way, point is, they are still busy as hell. Once again this is what i was told, i dont shoot there. Ventilation sucks as does the wait.

Dont think it hurt them at all. Supposedly they were a little ticked off that some NJGF members walked in there feeling like they were entitled or something of that effect. (How it was conveyed to me, not my opinion). You know how it is, a couple assholes ruin it for everyone else... He mentioned something about someone wanting to shoot in front of a member that was already in line and some issue with the discount or something like that. Either way, point is, they are still busy as hell. Once again this is what i was told, i dont shoot there. Ventilation sucks as does the wait.

Correct.it's more packed than ever,selection has expanded, retail floor updated,and the HVAC and ventalation system on the range was revamped recently.

The whole NJGF fiasco was a case of a very few forum members feeling entilted and equally vocal and SS finally saying F#&k it,they could be been a bit more professional in their notification or lack there of but ultimately understandable.

Hurt them? not in the least......

I personally hate to shop and prefer to research and decide exactly what I'm buying prior to walking into a retail establishment. Perhaps that makes me an extremely low maintance customer who wouldn't necessarily notice or get to experience poor customer service but here it goes...

Recently purchased several handguns from SS. I was happy that they had what I was looking for in stock each time I was ready to make a purchase. Prices paid for each gun were fair. All transactions went smoothly. In my opinion all of the staff members I've delt with so far have been very polite and professional. I was recently trying to decide which indoor range to become a member of and ultimately decided to go with SS based on these recent experiences in dealing with them.

I'll admit that they seem to have their busy times... I went there to make a purchase on a random Monday this past summer when people seemed to be buying guns like it was the end of the world. (Actually I thought that was kind of neat to watch) and felt the staff was doing a great job keep things moving all things considered. I can't help but wonder if some of the less than stellar experiences i've read about have occurred during or right after those extremely busy times.

Again this is just an opinion based on my recent experience with them.

When they try their hardest to tack on extra fees to Davidson's purchases, I told myself that I'll never go there again. And after hearing employees talk about a sale with a customer prior to me, I'll never turn anyone to them, either. I know it is a business, but the employees all came off like jerks, and the people that came in to shoot, who I'm guessing were friend of one employee, would make me walk out if they decided to shoot in the lane next to me (no firearm experience, but each was going to rent X, Y, and Z; were handed guns and ammo and just let out).

I'm going to see about using that other FFL out of Brick... Secur-ALL. Seems like a good place, and wouldn't mind using them all the time. I'm a member at Brick Armory, but will never purchase another gun through them (don't like being told multiple times that my guns will be here, then them not when I get down there; went on for a few months).

Throwing in my 2 cents, get one employee with an attitude and it doesn't matter how cool the others are, you will be turned off to the whole place. Happened to me today. Was ready to purchase a handgun and walked out after hearing this jerkoff making comments under his breath 2 feet away from me. Was a shame the one employee that I started dealing with initially was helpful and cool.

I won't be going back.

The argument with Shore Shot originated from them changing rules on the fly without any attempt at notification or rectification with the attitude "sorry, but it sucks to be you". They eliminated any reason to want to be member, because they make a hell of a lot more money off walk-ons. Before someone says "you get better prices on ammo!". Their ammo prices are pretty atrocious whether you're a member or not, you just get raped less.

I'd probably still buy a gun from them though if they had it for a price I liked. I much prefer the people over at Brick Armory, but god help you if you order anything from them.

I tried a different FFL through Davidson's... NJ Arms out of Ocean.

Couldn't get my gun due to NICS being down, but probably spent an hour talking to the owner, Paul. Extremely nice guy, and very professional. Having dealt with both SS and BA, I will strictly be using NJ Arms for all my FFL stuff. It is a little farther from my home, but I rather deal with someone that is honest and trustworthy... which I cannot say about either of the Lakewood shops.

I normally go to Shore Shot during 9-5 work hours when most lanes are open.

Recently I went when it was busy with lots of pay-per-hour customers and they were handing out raffle tickets to queue up for a lane

I mentioned that I was a member so I could get on the top of the list behind any other members. The guy behind the counter looked at me with 4 eyes and then another told me they don't have that policy anymore

Has anyone else experienced this?

Being able to jump ahead of the outsiders was a major attraction to me in becoming a member and renewing every year.

I would be even more upset if they were applying this policy inconsistently

I only shoot one box a day so its a difference of a 10 minute range visit vs an hour or more.

I'm not trying to start trouble, I actually like Shore Shot and most of the people that work there. I just want to get to the bottom of this as I am up for renewal soon

P.S. While I am in rant mode, what's with the long guns in half the lanes at indoor ranges these days? Who the heck shoots frangible .223/5.56 @ 25 yards once they're zeroed in??

The guy behind the counter looked at me with 4 eyes and then another told me they don't have that policy anymore

I would run that past Billy, Kyle or Kenny and see if it's true, if it is then I would ask them whats the point in having a membership with them over anywhere else? It sure as S--T isnt for their amazing ammo discounted prices.Join CJRP it maybe a bit further but the indoor is 24/7 and ofter the inital fee the yearly is about the same for so much more. In my opinion Shore shot lost it's reputation when they started to hire everyones friend or family. Too many Chiefs and no Indians, I dont go in there very often anymore but when I do the only people I reconize is Kenny and Tiny, Billy and Kyle are never there for one reason or another. Kenny is running things and too busy to help the counter and the other guy's are no knothing know it all's.

Been at SS for 5 years now and would like to stay

I'll ask Kyle about the policy, will report back

CJRPC is too far from work for me, if I get paged in while I'm at SS or MCRPC I can respond within 15 minutes -- no harm no foul

BA.. range safety is a little too lax for me. Don't like people uncasing weapons behind me and there seems to be teenage gangbangers hanging out there. Or maybe that's just how kids dress these days

I would run that past Billy, Kyle or Kenny and see if it's true, if it is then I would ask them whats the point in having a membership with them over anywhere else? It sure as S--T isnt for their amazing ammo discounted prices.Join CJRP it maybe a bit further but the indoor is 24/7 and ofter the inital fee the yearly is about the same for so much more. In my opinion Shore shot lost it's reputation when they started to hire everyones friend or family. Too many Chiefs and no Indians, I dont go in there very often anymore but when I do the only people I reconize is Kenny and Tiny, Billy and Kyle are never there for one reason or another. Kenny is running things and too busy to help the counter and the other guy's are no knothing know it all's.

If you guys do a little research one of the big blow ups on the forums, started by ME, was that they don't do that anymore. They don't give a damn about membership, they MAKE MORE MONEY FROM WALK ONS. The ONLY thing you get from a membership is they don't charge you a range fee and slight discount on ammo, which was still $5+ per box more than I paid elsewhere.

So ya, they do NOT prioritize members before walk-ons, and they will no longer hold handguns for members who are waiting for their permits more than a couple of weeks. They changed all of this quietly with no notice to SS members. That's why people got pissed off.

Okay subject ended, since I do not shoot there I have no stake in this game so can really care less to research it.

No problem, but that's one of the nice thing about the forum, you will get answers to your question as well as learn a thing or 3, sometimes even if you didn't ask for it. Lol

The good thing is, many times you can learn where and where not to go to avoid a bad experience.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk